What is microcontroller unit
Microcontroller Unit (MCU), also known as Single Chip Microcomputer or MCU, is to reduce the frequency and specifications of the Central Processing Unit (CPU) appropriately and reduce the memory , Counter (Timer), USB, A / D conversion, UART, PLC, DMA and other peripheral interfaces,and even the LCD drive circuit are integrated on a single chip to form a chip-level computer for different combinations of control for different applications. MCUs can be found in mobile phones, PC peripherals, remote controls, automotive electronics, industrial stepper motors, and robotic arm controls.
Classified by use:
Universal type: Provide all the resources (ROM, RAM, I / O, EPROM) that can be developed to the user.Special type: Its hardware and instructions are designed according to a specific purpose, such as the recorder movement controller, printer controller, motor controller, etc.
Classified by the number of data bits processed by its basic operation:
According to the width of the bus or data register, the microcontroller is divided into 1-bit, 4-bit, 8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, and even 64-bit microcontrollers. Most 4-digit MCUs are used in calculators, car meters, car anti-theft devices, pagers, wireless phones, CD players, LCD drive controllers, LCD game consoles, children's toys, scales, chargers, tire pressure meters , Temperature and humidity meter, remote control and point-and-shoot camera; most of the 8-bit MCUs are used in electricity meters, motor controllers, electric toy machines, inverter air conditioners, pagers, fax machines, caller ID, call recorders , CRT monitor, keyboard and USB; 8-bit and 16-bit microcontrollers are mainly used in general control fields, generally do not use operating systems, most of 16-bit MCUs are used in mobile phones, digital cameras and camcorders; Most 32-bit MCUs are used in Modem, GPS, PDA, HPC, STB, Hub, Bridge, Router, Workstation, ISDN phone, laser printer and color fax machine; 32-bit is used for network processing, multimedia processing and other complex processing , Generally use an embedded operating system. Most of the 64-bit MCUs are used in high-end workstations, multimedia interactive systems, advanced TV game instruments (such as SEGA's Dreamcast and Nintendo's GameBoy) and advanced terminals.
- OKI ML671000 CPU BOARD User’s Guide
- LPC2148 PDF
- MCUXpresso Software and Tools
- 32-Bit Microcontrollers
- STM32 and STM8 product finder for mobile devices and desktops
- RENESAS R8C/36C Group MCU DATASHEET
- Selecting between rom, fastrom and flash for a microcontroller
- UART-Based Boot Loader for the F6482 Series of MCUs
- An RZK Application Using the Real-Time Clock of the eZ80F91 MCU
- Getting Started with ZNEO®-Based MCUs
- What is PIN Diode? Definition, Structure, Features & Applications
- What is a Microcontroller (MCU)?
- What is Memory Controller?
- Transistor Switching Circuit Design
- The Security MCU for IoT Applications
- Simplify motion control design with dedicated MCUs
- Infineon provides safety certification for Qi 1.3 certified in-car wireless chargers
- ESP32-based RS232 Video Terminal
- ESP8266 based home automation system design
- Google's own ARM chip may be released in 2023 to match Apple's M1?
How to make a rainbow sugar sorter
What do we do when we want to classify things? Manual categorization is too slow. If...
360-degree rotating car
How to use electronic components to make toy cars that can be controlled by remote co...
How to make iron man gloves
How to make Iron Man gloves, put it on, many people say it looks cool, but also spar...