The market advantage of connectors and its development trend
Published time: 2019-08-08
Connector, also called connector, is a small electronic component that can't be separated from modern life. It is widely used in every corner of life. It is used in mobile phones, computers, refrigerators, cars, airplanes and even rockets. The function is also relatively simple to transmit signals and currents, which acts as a bridge connection, connecting the electrical modules and components of each unit into a complete system.
Speaking of the origin of the connector, it has to be talked about during World War II; the birth of the connector was born from the manufacturing technology of the fighter. In the battle, the aircraft must be refueled and repaired, and the time on the ground is the impact of the battle. Key factor. Therefore, the US military decided to solve the shortening of the ground stay time and increase the combat time of the fighter. They unitize the various control instruments and components and then connect them into a complete system. During the repair, the faulty component unit is disassembled, the new unit is replaced, and the aircraft can immediately conduct air operations. After the war, Bell Labs developed a telephone system. Then with the rise of the computer and communication industries, the connector has more opportunities and the market has expanded rapidly. With the explosion of various electronic products in the 21st century, connectors have been spread all over the life.
The life cycle
The life of the connector is limited, and connecting and disconnecting the connectors is the process of wearing them. Data tables typically present this information in the form of a life cycle and vary widely from one technology to another. USB connectors can have thousands or tens of thousands of cycles of life, while board-to-board connectors designed for use in consumer electronics can be limited to tens of cycles. It is important to choose a connector that has a suitable application life.
The benefits of the connector:
Improve the production process
The connector simplifies the assembly process of electronic products. It also simplifies the mass production process;
Easy to repair
If an electronic component fails, the failed component can be quickly replaced when the connector is installed;
Easy to upgrade
As technology advances, components can be updated with connectors, replacing old ones with new, more sophisticated components;
Improve design flexibility
The use of connectors gives engineers greater flexibility when designing and integrating new products, as well as when building components with components.
With the development of emerging industries, connector products have begun to develop in the direction of electrification, high-frequency high-speed, miniaturization, intelligence and precision.
- 1.Classification of integrated circuits
- 2.Three ways to improve the overall performance of the sensor
- 3.NXP Launches Comprehensive RF Power Multi-Chip Module Portfolio
- 4.Introduction to five correction methods for PCB backplane deformation
- 5.What are the PCB interconnection methods?
- 6.How to choose the right sensor
- 7.Circuit board general troubleshooting method
- 8.How to discharge the capacitor is the safest
- 9.Large scale integrated circuit classification
- 10.What is the purpose of cleaning PCB printed circuit board components?
- 11.The inductance and capacitor in series
- 12.How to store PCB boards? What are the methods?
- 13.Introduction to the characteristics of five common sensors
- 14.Zero-ohm resistance has many clever uses in circuit design
- 15.How to choose the type and model of the diode in the circuit design