Sharp to Release Microwave Sensor Module
Update Time: 2019-12-20 15:53:31
Sharp Corporation has developed a microwave sensor module, the DC6M4JN3000, which is capable of non-contact detection of human and animal body motion and biological functions such as heartbeats and breathing. The module will be marketed to equipment manufacturers.
The DC6M4JN3000 emits microwaves in the direction of a human or animal subject. These microwaves reflect back off the surface of the subject and change slightly in accordance with movements of the subject’s heart and lungs. From these changes, the DC6M4JN3000 measures biological information such as heart and respiratory rates. This sensor module employs Sharp’s microwave satellite-television antenna technology—an area in which the company has many years of experience—as well as a proprietary signal-processing circuit and an algorithm for detecting biological functions.
The DC6M4JN3000 is capable of measuring heart rate within a margin of error of ±10% when placed roughly three meters away from the target subject*1. And because the unit uses microwaves, it can detect targets located behind obstacles such as mattresses, doors, and walls*2. This makes it possible to measure biological information even when the target is asleep or in situations where the target’s privacy must be maintained (such as in the washroom or bathroom), thereby enabling this sensor module to boost the level of service given in elderly care or nursing care.
- 1. Non-contact detection of biological functions such as heartbeats and breathing. Can measure heart rate within a margin of error of ±10% even when placed roughly three meters away from the target.
- 2. Effective even in the presence of obstacles such as mattresses, doors, and walls, thus ensuring the target's privacy.
- 3. Can enhance the level of service given in elderly care or nursing care.
- *1 Maximum measureable distance between the sensor module and the target person's chest, with the person sitting still on a chair. Margin of error estimated by comparing the sensor module with a conventional optical pulse monitor that makes contact with the human body.
- *2 Detection not possible in the presence of an electricity-shielding obstruction—for example, one in the form of metal, plating, or water.
Mini-Flat Package, High Sensitivity Phot >
MOD PM2.5 DUST SENSOR >
OPTOISOLATOR 5KV TRANS 4ESOP >
SIP4, 15mA Ift, 600v, 3A, ZC, SSR,Solid >
SIP Type SSR with Mounting Capability fo >
Photodetector Transistors PT 15 910nm 3. >
-100V Single P-Channel HEXFET Power MOSF >
Variable Output (1.5 to 7V), 4.6A Output >
2.0A Output Type Low Power-Loss Voltage >
Low Dropout Regulators - LDO PQ120RDA2SZ >
Digital Output Type OPIC Photocoupler >
Logic Output Optocouplers Photocoupler D >