Microchip Introduces Industry's First NOR Flash with Embedded MAC Address
Published time: 2019-07-30
With the rapid development of the Internet of Things (IoT), embedded system designers must now purchase MAC addresses from the IEEE Registration Authority (IEEE RA), which undoubtedly brings additional costs to small and medium-sized customers. Microchip has introduced the SST26VF Serial Quad I/OTM (SQITM) 3V Flash family, the industry's first NOR with integrated MAC address option to help eliminate the need to self-purchase and manage MAC from IEEE-RA. . Pre-programmed with EUI-48TM and EUI-64TM addresses, these devices have no minimum order requirements, providing cost-effective plug-and-play storage for connectivity applications using Ethernet, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, IEEE 802.15.4 and FireWire solution.
Both the EUI-48 and EUI-64 node addresses include an Organizationally Unique Identifier (OUI) and an Extended Identifier (EI). Although OUI is purchased by various companies from IEEE, EI allocates and manages each company by building a unique EI in each product, ensuring that each device that is used or shipped is provided with a globally unique extended unique identifier ( EUI) Node address. Microchip's pre-programmed SST26VF family of devices is a flexible MAC address chip with a unique pre-programmed EUI-48 address and compatible EUI-64 address - helping designers save time and money while accelerating time-to-market for low- to medium-capacity products. The flash memory capacity of the MAC address option includes 16Mb, 32Mb and 64Mb.
The SST26VF064BEUI, SST26VF032BEUI and SST26VF016BEUI devices feature a six-wire, 4-bit I/O interface for low power and high performance operation in low pin count packages. The device is available in 8-lead SOIC and 8-contact WSON packages, which consumes less board space and lower overall system cost. With rich SQI flash memory and flexible write protection, the code is guaranteed to be unintentionally overwritten or erased. This family of products integrates Microchip's proprietary SuperFlash technology for high ruggedness, low operating current and low power consumption, making it ideal for industrial and consumer cloud connectivity applications such as home smart hubs, smart home appliances, building control equipment, and factory automation. , security and surveillance equipment.
"With Microchip's pre-programmed MAC address and unique ID EEPROM success, we are now extending our embedded product options to our SuperFlash® memory product line," said Randy Drwinga, vice president of Microchip's Memory Products Division. "In combination with our extensive range of microcontrollers, wired and wireless products and pre-programmed services, the SST26VF family provides a complete turnkey solution for today's IoT designers."
- 1.Microchip Enters Memory Infrastructure Market Pushes Industry's First Commercial Serial Memory Controller
- 2.Microchip Introduces Industry's First NOR Flash with Embedded MAC Address
- 3.Microchip has upgraded the performance of the world's most accurate atomic clock
- 4.Microchip Introduces Eight-Port Switch Compliant with IEEE 802.3bt Power over Ethernet (PoE) New Standard for Powerful Smart Lighting Systems
- 5.Microchip launches silicon carbide products to help build reliable high-voltage electronic devices
- 6.Automobile intelligence, where is the opportunity of chip manufacturer?
- 7.Microchip to launch its first arm-based ? kernel microcontroller - SAMV71Q21RT radiation resistant microcontroller and SAMRH71 MCU against radiation
- 8.Microchip Introduces New Dual-Core and Single-Core ds PIC Digital Signal Controllers
- 9.Microchip Technology PIC24FJ128GA310 16-Bit MCU - EXPANSION
- 10.Microchip Technology Introduces Tiny, Low-Power MEMS Clock Generator-DSC613
1.5A MOSFET Driver with Low Threshold In >
MEMS OSC PROG BLANK 1MHZ-100MHZ >
MEMS OSC XO 1.0000MHZ CMOS SMD >
IC MCU 16BIT 256KB FLASH 28SOIC >
IC MCU 8BIT 28KB FLASH 44TQFP >
IC MCU 8BIT 14KB FLASH 28SPDIP >
IC REG LDO 3V 0.15A 6TMLF >
OSC MEMS 50.000MHZ CMOS SMD >
MCU 8Bit/16Bit XMEGA AVR RISC 384KB Flas >
OSC MEMS 24.000MHZ CMOS SMD >
MEMS OSC XO 66.0000MHZ CMOS SMD >
IC EEPROM 1MBIT 1MHZ 8SOIC >
- PIC16F876A-I/SP D