Low Power High Precision Distance Measuring Miniature ToF Sensor-VL53L1X
Update Time: 2019-12-20 16:41:35
The description of VL53L1X
The Stmicroelectronics vl53l1x is an advanced Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser ranging sensor that expands the lineup of the flightsense product lineup. It is the fastest miniature ToF sensor on the market, with an accurate ranging capability of 4 meters and a ranging frequency as fast as 50 hz.
It is housed in a miniature, reflowable package that integrates a single photon avalanche diode (spad) receive array, a 940 nm invisible laser class 1 emitter, physical infrared filters, and optics for a variety of ambient lighting conditions. Best ranging performance and a range of overlay window options.
Unlike conventional IR sensors, the VL53L1X uses ST’s latest generation ToF technology which allows absolute distance measurement whatever the target color and reflectance.
It is also possible to program the size of the ROI on the receiving array, allowing the sensor FoV to be reduced.
The fully integrated miniature vl53l1x module measures only 4.9mm x 2.5mm x 1.56mm.
It is suitable for applications with little space. The new product pin is compatible with the previous generation vl53l0x,which making it easy for users to upgrade existing products.
In a compact package, the new product integrates laser drivers and transmitters, as well as single-photon avalanche diode (spad) photoreceivers, enabling ST's flightsense sensors to measure speed and reliability regardless of ratio.
In addition, the 940nm non-visible light emitter eliminates the problem of emitting flickering light and it can be hidden behind the protection window without affecting the ranging performance.
The features of VL53L1X
• Fully integrated miniature module
– Size: 4.9x2.5x1.56 mm
– Emitter: 940 nm invisible laser (Class1)
– SPAD (single photon avalanche diode) receiving array with integrated lens
– Low-power microcontroller running advanced digital firmware
• Pin-to-pin compatible with the VL53L0X FlightSense™ ranging sensor
• Fast and accurate long distance ranging
– Up to 400 cm distance measurement
– Up to 50 Hz ranging frequency
• Typical full field-of-view (FoV): 27 °
• Programmable region-of-interest (ROI) size on the receiving array, allowing the sensor FoV to be reduced
• Programmable ROI position on the receiving array, providing multizone operation control from the host
• Easy integration
– Single reflowable component
– Can be hidden behind many cover window materials
– Software driver and code examples for turnkey ranging
– Single power supply (2v8)
– I²C interface (up to 1 MHz)
– Shutdown and interrupt pins
Applications of VL53L1X
• User detection (Autonomous low-power mode) to power on/off and lock/unlock devices like personal computers/laptops and the IoT• Service robots and vacuum cleaners (long distance and fast obstacle detection)
• Drones (landing assistance, hovering, ceiling detection)
• Smart shelves and vending machines (goods inventory monitoring)
• Sanitary (robust user detection whatever the target reflectance)
Technical documents related to vl53l1xEvaluation Tools-VL53L1X-SATEL
A guide to using the VL53L1X ultra lite driver
ARM MCU, Ultra Low Power, STM32 Family S >
MCU 32-bit ARM Cortex M0+ RISC 32KB Flas >
ARM MCU, ARM Cortex-M7 Microcontrollers, >
ARM MCU, High-Resolution Timer, STM32 Fa >
Conv DC-DC 1.8V to 5.5V Synchronous Step >
ARM MCU, High Performance, STM32 Family >
Single and dual PMOS high-side H-bridge >
ARM MCU, STM32 Family STM32F4 Series Mic >
STD80N10F7 Series 100 V 70 A 10 mOhm SMT >
Precision Amplifiers Precision, rail-to- >
STM8L EnergyLite 8-bit MCUs >
SCR 600V 20A(RMS) 197A 3-Pin(3+Tab) TO-2 >
Switching Voltage Regulators 38 V 500 mA >
ARM MCU, General Purpose, STM32 Family S >