Low Power High Precision Distance Measuring Miniature ToF Sensor-VL53L1X
Published time: 2019-01-03
The description of VL53L1X
The Stmicroelectronics vl53l1x is an advanced Time-of-Flight (ToF) laser ranging sensor that expands the lineup of the flightsense product lineup. It is the fastest miniature ToF sensor on the market, with an accurate ranging capability of 4 meters and a ranging frequency as fast as 50 hz.
It is housed in a miniature, reflowable package that integrates a single photon avalanche diode (spad) receive array, a 940 nm invisible laser class 1 emitter, physical infrared filters, and optics for a variety of ambient lighting conditions. Best ranging performance and a range of overlay window options.
Unlike conventional IR sensors, the VL53L1X uses ST’s latest generation ToF technology which allows absolute distance measurement whatever the target color and reflectance.
It is also possible to program the size of the ROI on the receiving array, allowing the sensor FoV to be reduced.
The fully integrated miniature vl53l1x module measures only 4.9mm x 2.5mm x 1.56mm.
It is suitable for applications with little space. The new product pin is compatible with the previous generation vl53l0x,which making it easy for users to upgrade existing products.
In a compact package, the new product integrates laser drivers and transmitters, as well as single-photon avalanche diode (spad) photoreceivers, enabling ST's flightsense sensors to measure speed and reliability regardless of ratio.
In addition, the 940nm non-visible light emitter eliminates the problem of emitting flickering light and it can be hidden behind the protection window without affecting the ranging performance.
The features of VL53L1X
• Fully integrated miniature module
– Size: 4.9x2.5x1.56 mm
– Emitter: 940 nm invisible laser (Class1)
– SPAD (single photon avalanche diode) receiving array with integrated lens
– Low-power microcontroller running advanced digital firmware
• Pin-to-pin compatible with the VL53L0X FlightSense™ ranging sensor
• Fast and accurate long distance ranging
– Up to 400 cm distance measurement
– Up to 50 Hz ranging frequency
• Typical full field-of-view (FoV): 27 °
• Programmable region-of-interest (ROI) size on the receiving array, allowing the sensor FoV to be reduced
• Programmable ROI position on the receiving array, providing multizone operation control from the host
• Easy integration
– Single reflowable component
– Can be hidden behind many cover window materials
– Software driver and code examples for turnkey ranging
– Single power supply (2v8)
– I²C interface (up to 1 MHz)
– Shutdown and interrupt pins
Applications of VL53L1X
• User detection (Autonomous low-power mode) to power on/off and lock/unlock devices like personal computers/laptops and the IoT• Service robots and vacuum cleaners (long distance and fast obstacle detection)
• Drones (landing assistance, hovering, ceiling detection)
• Smart shelves and vending machines (goods inventory monitoring)
• Sanitary (robust user detection whatever the target reflectance)
Technical documents related to vl53l1xEvaluation Tools-VL53L1X-SATEL
A guide to using the VL53L1X ultra lite driver
- 1.ST Microelectronics: Making PCs easier to use, more energy efficient, and safer
- 2.Dual core performance, rich functions, ST released a new micro controller
- 3.New STMicroelectronics BLDC Controller-STSPIN32F0B
- 4.STMicroelectronics Releases All-in-One Online Tool
- 5.STMicroelectronics Introduces Motion Sensor with Machine Learning-LSM6DSOX
- 6.Low Power High Precision Distance Measuring Miniature ToF Sensor-VL53L1X
- 7.Certified NFC Forum Type 5 Chips from STMicroelectronics,more smaller,more convenient,more safer
- 8.The Latest product_EVALSP820-XS-STMicroelectronic
- 9.STMicroelectronics Introduces Low Voltage Brushless Motor Driver STSPIN233
- 10.Invisible bike helmets from H vding rely on ST’s motion sensors and microcontrollers
Surface mount Zener Diodes >
Iso high side smart power solid state re >
STMICROELECTRONICS TSV6392AIDT Operation >
VOLT COMPARATOR|DUAL|CMOS|SOP|8PIN|PLAST >
PRECISION VERY LOW POWER CMOS DUAL OPERA >
N - CHANNEL 900V - 1.7ohm - 5.8A - TO-22 >