Littelfuse and Monolith Semiconductor to Demonstrate New SiC Power Semiconductor Technologies at APEC 2017
Published time: 2020-01-17 15:20:28
Booth theme of “Making SiC (Silicon Carbide) Mainstream” emphasizes benefits of SiC device technology.
TAMPA, March 23, 2017 — Littelfuse, Inc., the global leader in circuit protection, and Monolith Semiconductor Inc., a Texas-based start-up company developing silicon carbide technology, today announced demonstrations and other activities planned for their booth (#536) at the Applied Power Electronics Conference & Exposition (APEC 2017), March 26-30, 2017. The theme for their display this year is “Making SiC Mainstream—Defined by Customers. Developed by Monolith. Delivered by Littelfuse.”
In their first joint appearance since the recent majority investment by Littelfuse was announced, Littelfuse and Monolith technical experts will be on hand in the booth throughout the show to present several demonstrations and new technology platforms with products nearing introduction, including the new GEN2 Series of 1200 V silicon carbide (SiC) Schottky diodes manufactured in an automotive-qualified 150mm CMOS foundry.
Monolith Semiconductor experts will be making several presentations as part of the APEC 2017 Conference:
- “Silicon Carbide MOSFETs – Deep Dive to Accelerate Your Next Power Converter Design,” Professional Education Seminar - Session S02, Room 15/16, March 26, 9:30 am to 1:00 pm.
- “Large Scale Test Bed for in-Circuit Reliability Testing of Silicon Carbide Diodes and MOSFETs Emulating Real Life Voltage and Current Stress,” Session T12 - Power Device Reliability, Room 21, March 29, 8:30 am to 10:10 am.
- “Rugged 1.2 kV SiC MOSFETs Fabricated in High-Volume 150mm CMOS Fab,” Industry Sessions Lecture, Session IS15 - Industrial Power Applications of Silicon Carbide Semiconductors, Room 13, March 30, 8:30 am to 11:30 am.
Applications experts will be available to walk booth visitors through the design process. Kiosks in the booth will offer visitors videos and models of several new technology platforms:
- Advanced power converters demonstrating the benefits of SiC-based platform designs, delivering module-like power, higher efficiency, increased power density and performance with discrete SiC devices.
- Evaluation kits and design platforms that can simplify the design and optimization of power converters using SiC diodes and MOSFETs.
"The theme for our booth at APEC 2017 says it all," said Ian Highley, senior vice president and general manager, semiconductor products and CTO for Littelfuse. "We’re working together toward making silicon carbide a mainstream technology for power conversion, and APEC gives us an opportunity to reach potential customers to demonstrate the progress we’ve made over the last year in a meaningful way."
"Between the kiosks and our experts in the booth, and the presentations we’ll be giving this year, people in the silicon carbide industry will be impressed by how far and how quickly we’ve come," said Sujit Banerjee, PhD, CEO of Monolith Semiconductor. "The big difference, however, will be one of approach; we will provide not only highest quality SiC devices, but also the best service and support to design our devices into customer applications."
Founded in 1927, Littelfuse is the world leader in circuit protection with growing global platforms in power control and sensing. The company serves customers in the electronics, automotive and industrial markets with technologies including fuses, semiconductors, polymers, ceramics, relays and sensors.
NTC THERMISTOR 3KΩ 0.1C BEAD >
Safety cover pull-out forceps for CC cla >
MINI? Resistor >
PTC Resettable Fuses 1.45A 16V 100A Imax >
Varistors 1200V 40kA 1800pF >
Varistor 620V 2.5kA Disc 10mm >
VARISTOR 354V 1.2kA DISC 7MM >
VARISTOR 324V 6.5kA DISC 14MM >
Varistors - MOV VARISTOR LO-PRO BOX >
Industrial Relays Load Sharer >
TVS Diodes - Transient Voltage Suppresso >
Varistors 5mm 430V +-10% >
PTC Resettable Fuse 6.5A(hold) 12A(trip) >
- 277 002