JFET Transistors 2N5457-datasheet-Pinout-features
Published time: 2019-01-23
In the last issue, we introduced NPN Signal Transistor-MMBT3904, and we learned about its related features.
I don't know if you have noticed that we have introduced many different types of Transistors recently, and these types of electronic components are widely used in daily life. It is obvious that transistor paly a important role in electronics.
So what is Transistor? Everyone can understand clearly through the related documents.In most of time we can obtain more valuable informations through the network.
Here I find a description of Transistor from a third-party website. it is nice！
What is the main use of a transistor?
In digital circuits(transistor operating in saturation or cut-off region) they are used for switching applications. It can amplify and switch electrical power and electronic signals. Transistors are made of semiconductor material with three or more terminals used to connect to an external circuit.
Transistor is an active component and that is establishing in all over electronic circuits.
They are used as amplifiers and switching apparatus. As the amplifiers, they are used in high and low level, frequency stages, oscillators, modulators, detectors and in any circuit need to perform a function.
In digital circuits they are used for switching applications. It can amplify and switch electrical power and electronic signals. Transistors are made of semiconductor material with three or more terminals used to connect to an external circuit.
There are a huge number of manufacturers approximately the world who produces semiconductors, transistors are members of this family of device, so there are exactly thousands of different types.
In this issue, I chose JFET Transistors 2N5457 as the introduction theme. 2N5457 is widely used in the electronic components industry. The price is more cheaper compared with other electronic components, and has a long history. He is very suitable as the protagonist of this issue.
The overview of N-Channel JFET- 2N5457
2N5457 is an age old JFET that was commonly used in Pre-Amp circuits. It is classified as Discrete Semiconductor Products, and typically, it is packaged in TO-226-3, TO-92-3 (TO-226AA).
Many large manufacturers can produce 2N5457, such as ON, Central Semiconductor Corp, etc.Its Mounting Type is Through Hole,Operating Temperature range is -65°C ~ 150°C (TJ)
The Features of 2N5457• N−Channel for Higher Gain
• Drain and Source Interchangeable
• High AC Input Impedance
• High DC Input Resistance
• Low Transfer and Input Capacitance
• Low Cross−Modulation and Intermodulation Distortion
• Plastic Encapsulated Package
• Pb−Free Packages are Available
•Type of Control Channel: N -Channel
•Maximum Power Dissipation (Pd): 0.625 W
•Maximum Drain-Source Voltage |Vds|: 25 V
•Maximum Gate-Source Voltage |Vgs|: 2.5 V
•Maximum Drain Current |Id|: 0.005 A
•Maximum Junction Temperature (Tj): 150 °C
The Application of 2N5457
1.JFET Circuit Applications
2.Low Noise JFET Amplifiers
The description Of 2N5457 Pinout
There is three pinouts on 2N5457, which are Drain, Source, and Gate. They correspond to different functions. For specific description about 2N5457 Pinout, please refer to 2N5457 datasheet.
You can free download 2N5457 Pdf at the end of the article.
Related technical documents
Which transistor can become 2n5457 equivalent
When we need 2n5457, we found that there is no such component, how to deal with it?
Once this happens, we need to understand the relevant properties of the 2n5457 and then find the 2n5457 equivalent, which means that this replacement component has the same functionality and properties as the 2n5457.
Find the equivalent of electronic components.The best reference is datasheet.BF245A can replace 2n5457
Note: THE PINOUT IS REVERSED
TIS158: more informations about TIS158
- 1.What are the common electronic circuit protection electronic components?
- 2.What is the cause of the overvoltage of the inverter? How to prevent it?
- 3.What are the challenges of creating a large keyboard chip?
- 4.How many transistors are there on a CPU?
- 5.Six choice tips for field effect transistors
- 6.Three basic structures of transistors
- 7.Technical requirements and precautions for component installation
- 8.What is the reason for copper on PCB boards? what is the benefit?
- 9.Field effect tube test method
- 10.Method for detecting leakage of circuit board and protective measures
- 11.The difference between toroidal transformer and square transformer
- 12.Introduction to the steps and techniques of board repair technology
- 13.ARM DesignStart makes you feel more flexible than ever before
- 14.Main problems and maintenance methods of solid state relays
- 15.From the color of the circuit board, you can see if the manufacturer has cut corners.