Characteristics of series and parallel circuits
Published time: 2019-12-20 10:37:01
The biggest feature of the parallel circuit is that the components on the circuit are independent of each other. If the electrical components are required to remain relatively independent on the line and do not interfere with each other, then the electrical components can be connected in parallel.
There are two types of electrical components connected on the circuit: the electrical components are connected in series, and the electrical components are connected in parallel. What is a series connection? The so-called series connection is that several components on the circuit are connected to each other along a single path, and each node connects at most two components. This connection method is called series connection. A circuit connected in series is called a series circuit. In layman's terms, the components are connected end to end; what is parallel? The so-called parallel connection is the connection between several components in the circuit in parallel, and the tail tail is also connected. Usually used to refer to the connection of electronic components in the circuit, that is, parallel circuits.
The characteristics of the series circuit are:
(1) Component connection characteristics: The entire circuit in which the components are connected in series is a loop, and the components are connected in sequence without "branch point".
(2) Component working characteristics: Each component affects each other, one component in the circuit does not work, and the remaining components cannot work. The current passing through each component is the same and the voltage is different.
(3) Switch control characteristics: The switch in the series circuit controls the whole circuit, and the switch position changes, which has no effect on the control function of the circuit. That is, the control action of the switch in the series circuit is independent of its position in the circuit.
Parallel circuit features:
(1) Component connection characteristics
Each component is associated with the first head, and has one fulcrum. At the same time, there is another fulcrum in the tail and tail.
(2) Component working characteristics
Each component is independent of each other, and any component on the circuit does not work, and other components still work. Each component has the same operating voltage and different operating currents.
(3) Switching air system characteristics
The branch switch on the parallel circuit can only control the components on the corresponding branch.
The basic components on the circuit are power supplies, switches, and electrical appliances. So, what are the characteristics of their series connection and parallel connection on the circuit?
(1) Power supply
Several voltage power supplies are connected in series on the circuit. The total voltage supplied to the circuit is the sum of these power supply voltages. When high voltage is required, the series power supply is used. Several power supplies are connected in parallel on the circuit to increase the current supplied. Parallel power supplies are required when high power is required.
Several switches on the circuit are connected in series. As long as one switch is disconnected, the circuit is cut off, and only all switch closure circuits are turned on. If several switches are connected in parallel on the circuit, as long as one switch is closed, the circuit is turned on. To disconnect the circuit, all switches must be disconnected.
(3) Electrical appliances
Several electrical appliances connected in series in the circuit, the current flowing through each electrical circuit on the circuit is the same, and the voltage on each electrical appliance is different. Parallel connection of several electrical appliances in this circuit, the same voltage applied to each electrical appliance, the current flowing through each electrical appliance is different.
In summary, the household appliances used in our homes are connected in parallel.Tag: circuits