ARM China: attaches great importance to huawei and hite's active communication to seek solutions
Published time: 2019-05-24
On May 23, ARM China sent a response to thepaper.cn: ARM China attaches great importance to our long-term partner, hayes, and we are actively communicating to seek a proper solution in line with the current laws and regulations.
Hess is a chip design company owned by huawei.
The move came a day after the BBC reported on May 22 that ARM, the chip designer, had told staff it had to suspend business with huawei.Since ARM's design forms the basis of most of the world's mobile processors, analysts interviewed by the BBC believe it would be an "insurmountable" blow to huawei.
In response, the BBC said in a memo prepared by ARM that its designs contained "american-made technology".As such, it believes it was influenced by the trump administration's ban.
ARM, a company founded in 1990, was acquired by son's softbank in 2016, but is still headquartered in Cambridge, England, the huanqiu.com report noted.It has been reported that ARM does not manufacture computer chips itself, but its main business is to license out its semiconductor technology and sell the technology and tools in a package. Companies that buy the technology can use ARM technology within a certain period of time.And this technology, namely chip world famous ARM architecture.ARM's underlying technology is also reported to be used by huawei's hsi semiconductor unit.
- 1.ARM China: attaches great importance to huawei and hite's active communication to seek solutions
- 2.ARM released the first generation of processors
- 3.ARM announced the ARM Compiler Qualification Kit
- 4.STMicroelectronics STM32 ARM Cortex?-M3 Connectivity Line MCUs
- 5.NXP Semiconductors OM11048 LPCXpresso Cortex?-M3 Demo board
- 6.Freescale Semiconductor Kinetis K40 / K60 Tower Modules and Kits
- 7.Atmel AT91SAM9G45 Microprocessor
- 8.Processor optimization pack targets Cortex
- 9.ARM Cortex processor core is lowest power
- 10.ARM IDE targets embedded systems
- ML7060-01 P2000
- DA4-9455-PCA N