AMD's new ray-tracking technology will be benchmarked against the RTX2070
Published time: 2019-04-08
AMD unveiled its new generation of Radeon Rays (previously called AMD Firerays) during the GDC conference, featuring open source, cross-platform, and free software.
In a video post on youtube, RedGamingTech said reliable sources have revealed that AMD Navi 20 GPU core will bring hardware-level real-time ray-tracking technology, which is very efficient.
However, the Navi 20 core won't be available until next year, and development and tuning will still be tedious.
The core of AMD's previous commitment to NMD Navi is Navi 10, which cuts out hardware-level optical tracking and oversampling features to address the performance issues of previous generations of GCN architectures, with the stated goal of power and RTX 2070 targeting.
Frankly, Vega hasn't done a great job, but according to insider sources, this architecture was completed when Raja Koduri joined the AMD GPU team, and the product he really led was Navi.Unfortunately, Raja left Navi after development and went to Intel.Judging by the fact that Raja has been given a big role at Intel (where he has built up a vision, core, and edge computing division), he is no lightweight.
- 1.AMD's ambitions in the embedded processor market
- 2.Samsung is helping AMD get back into the phone GPU market
- 3.AMD officially announced the Ryzen R1000 embedded processor
- 4.AMD releases arron embedded R1000 SoC: Zen architecture, dual core quad thread, 3 times performance improvement
- 5.AMD will push a new generation of 500 series chipset X570 will become the new flagship
- 6.AMD's new ray-tracking technology will be benchmarked against the RTX2070
- 7.The newest AMD Radeon Pro V340 graphics card was introduced
- 8.System-on-Chip targets high-growth, embedded markets.
- 9.Super I/O controller supports Intel and AMD for industrial PC applications
- 10.AMD R-Series x86 APU targets graphics apps
Athlon II X3 450 3.2GHz/1.5MB/4000MHz >
Thin Client On a Chip >
24-pin TTL Programmable Array Logic >
Second-Generation AMD Opteron™ Proc >
IC EEPLD >
- AM2764-25/BXA 5962-8200502YA
- AM186CU-25KIW C