ADI Introduces New Solution for New Millimeter Wave (mmWave) 5G Infrastructure
Published time: 2019-05-31
Analog Devices, Inc.(ADI), the industry leader in RF and microwave technology and system design for 5G infrastructure, today announced the launch of a new solution for mmWave 5G infrastructure with the highest level of integration today, aiming to reduce the design requirements and complexity of next-generation cellular infrastructure.This solution integrates ADI's advanced beamforming IC, up/down conversion (UDC) and other mixed signal circuits.This optimized beam-to-bit signaling chain presents a unique set of capabilities that only ADI can provide.
"Millimeter-wave 5G is an emerging technology with great potential.""Designing these systems from scratch is extremely difficult and requires system-level challenges to balance performance, standards and cost," says Karim Hamed, general manager of ADI's microwave communications division.This new solution leverages ADI's industry-leading technology and long heritage in RF, microwave and millimeter-wave communications infrastructure, as well as deep expertise across the RF field to simplify the customer's design process, reduce the total number of components, and accelerate the pace of 5G deployment."
The new MMW 5G chipset includes 16-channel ADMV4821 dual/single-polarization beamforming IC, 16-channel ADMV4801 single-polarization beamforming IC and ADMV1017 millimeter-wave UDC.The 24 to 30 GHz beamforming + UDC solution constitutes a millimeter-wave front end conforming to the 3GPP 5G NR standard, supporting the n261, n257 and n258 frequency bands.The high channel density, coupled with the ability to support single-polarization and dual-polarization deployments, greatly enhances the flexibility and reconfiguration of the system for multiple 5G use cases, while the equivalent omni-directional radiated power (EIRP) of the class optimum extends radio coverage and density.ADI's traditional strength in millimeter-wave technology enables customers to leverage world-class applications and system designs to optimize a complete product line for thermal, RF, power consumption and wiring considerations.
- 1.ADI Introduces New Solution for New Millimeter Wave (mmWave) 5G Infrastructure
- 2.What software is used to draw PCB board
- 3.Dual-channel,simultaneous sampling SAR converters-AD7380 and AD7381
- 4.SD Video Filter Amplifiers-ADA4432-1
- 5.Current mode DC/DC converter-LT8361 and Evaluation Kits-DC2599A
- 6.Introduction of the ADuCM4050 MCU And Evaluation Kits
- 7.ADI release 5V,10A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher 2_LTC3310S
- 8.Analog Devices, Inc announced the Power by Linear(TM) LTM4678
- 9.Analog Devices Announced the LTC4291/LTC4292 Chipset
- 10.The Analog Devices, Inc.New Products _ ADRF5025 _Silicon SPDT Switch
Up/Down Conv Mixer 76GHz 24-Pin Bare Die >
Fractional-N Divider and Frequency sweep >
Operational Amplifiers - Op Amps MICROPO >
Data Conversion IC Development Tools eva >