How to choose a fixed resistor
Published time: 2018-11-06
We all know that there are many types of resistors, which are distinguished according to different resistance values. Sometimes, it is necessary to select resistors according to the specific requirements of the circuit, performance, voltage, and spectral characteristics in the circuit. This article will show you how to choose a resistor.
Selection of fixed resistors
There are many types of fixed resistors. Which material and structure resistor should be selected depends on the specific requirements of the application circuit.
1. High-frequency circuits should use non-wire-wound resistors with distributed inductance and distributed capacitance, such as carbon film resistors, metal resistors and metal oxide film resistors.
2. High-gain small-signal amplifying circuits should use low-noise resistors, such as metal film resistors, carbon film resistors, and wirewound resistors, instead of using noisy synthetic carbon film resistors and organic solid resistors.
3. The wirewound resistor has a large power, low current noise, high temperature resistance, but large volume. Ordinary wirewound resistors are commonly used in low frequency circuits or in bias resistors for voltage limiting resistors, voltage divider resistors, bleed resistors or high power transistors.
4. High precision wirewound resistors are often used in fixed attenuators, resistor boxes, computers and various precision electronic instruments.The resistance of the selected resistor should be close to a nominal value calculated in the application circuit. A standard series of resistors should be preferred.
5. The allowable error of the resistor used in general circuits is ±5%~±10%. For precision resistors and resistors used in special circuits, precision resistors should be used. The rated power of the selected resistor should meet the requirements of the power capacity of the resistor in the application circuit. Generally, the power of the resistor should not be increased or decreased at will.
6. If the circuit requirements are power type resistors, the rated power can be 1~2 times higher than the power required by the actual application circuit.
The hot sale resistors at Jotrin electronics
- 1.New LED Drivers from Taiwan Semiconductor -TSCR420CX6H and TSCR421CX6H
- 2.New I/O Expander from Diodes Incorporated-PI4IOE5V6416
- 3.Toshiba New small surface Mount LDO regulators:TCR5BM and TCR8BM series
- 4.Intel's first 58 GBPS FPGA TRANSCEIVER BEGINS MASS PRODUCTION
- 5.Dual-channel,simultaneous sampling SAR converters-AD7380 and AD7381
- 6.NXP’s New NFC Tag,which named NTAG 424 DNA make NFC Highest Security
- 7.New STMicroelectronics BLDC Controller-STSPIN32F0B
- 8.New JRC's Dual H-bridge driver NJW4814 with boost switching
- 9.Three JRC Power Supply ICs-NJM2815,NJM2816,NJW4119
- 10.Kyocera was named one of the 100 most innovative companies in the world
- 11.ON Semiconductor will demonstrate the Strata Developer studio TM Rapid Power Analysis Solution
- 12.KYOCERA Expands Number of Solar Recharging Stations in Japan as Electric Vehicle Use Grows
- 13.Microchip Introduces New Dual-Core and Single-Core ds PIC Digital Signal Controllers
- 14.Four important descriptions of PSRV-2LC
- 15.Microsemi Power Transistor-1011GN-1200V