How to choose a fixed resistor
Published time: 2018-11-06
We all know that there are many types of resistors, which are distinguished according to different resistance values. Sometimes, it is necessary to select resistors according to the specific requirements of the circuit, performance, voltage, and spectral characteristics in the circuit. This article will show you how to choose a resistor.
Selection of fixed resistors
There are many types of fixed resistors. Which material and structure resistor should be selected depends on the specific requirements of the application circuit.
1. High-frequency circuits should use non-wire-wound resistors with distributed inductance and distributed capacitance, such as carbon film resistors, metal resistors and metal oxide film resistors.
2. High-gain small-signal amplifying circuits should use low-noise resistors, such as metal film resistors, carbon film resistors, and wirewound resistors, instead of using noisy synthetic carbon film resistors and organic solid resistors.
3. The wirewound resistor has a large power, low current noise, high temperature resistance, but large volume. Ordinary wirewound resistors are commonly used in low frequency circuits or in bias resistors for voltage limiting resistors, voltage divider resistors, bleed resistors or high power transistors.
4. High precision wirewound resistors are often used in fixed attenuators, resistor boxes, computers and various precision electronic instruments.The resistance of the selected resistor should be close to a nominal value calculated in the application circuit. A standard series of resistors should be preferred.
5. The allowable error of the resistor used in general circuits is ±5%~±10%. For precision resistors and resistors used in special circuits, precision resistors should be used. The rated power of the selected resistor should meet the requirements of the power capacity of the resistor in the application circuit. Generally, the power of the resistor should not be increased or decreased at will.
6. If the circuit requirements are power type resistors, the rated power can be 1~2 times higher than the power required by the actual application circuit.
The hot sale resistors at Jotrin electronics
- 1.RECOM Power's newly manufactured DC-DC converter:REC15E-Z
- 2.Do you know N-Channel Power MOSFET-IRF520?
- 3.Introduction of Darlington NPN Transistor-TIP120
- 4.Enter the world of N-Channel Logic Level MOSFET-BSS138
- 5.Do not forget N-channel Logic Level MOSFET-2N7002
- 6.Everything about N-channel hexfet power mosfet-IRF3205
- 7.Low Power High Precision Distance Measuring Miniature ToF Sensor-VL53L1X
- 8.Allegro Newest Galvanically Isolated Current Sensor IC-ACS773
- 9.SD Video Filter Amplifiers-ADA4432-1
- 10.Introduction of 3M PC104 and PC104 Plus Connectors
- 11.Micron Introduces Monolithic Mobile Memory-LPDDR4x
- 12.Three-phase isolator MOSFET driver IC is designed to replace relays
- 13.NXP Semiconductors Bidirectional Voltage-Level Translators
- 14.Texas Instruments Stereo Headphone Amplifier-TPA6140A2
- 15.ON Semiconductor NCV8537 500mA High Accuracy LDOs