How to choose a fixed resistor
Published time: 2018-11-06
We all know that there are many types of resistors, which are distinguished according to different resistance values. Sometimes, it is necessary to select resistors according to the specific requirements of the circuit, performance, voltage, and spectral characteristics in the circuit. This article will show you how to choose a resistor.
Selection of fixed resistors
There are many types of fixed resistors. Which material and structure resistor should be selected depends on the specific requirements of the application circuit.
1. High-frequency circuits should use non-wire-wound resistors with distributed inductance and distributed capacitance, such as carbon film resistors, metal resistors and metal oxide film resistors.
2. High-gain small-signal amplifying circuits should use low-noise resistors, such as metal film resistors, carbon film resistors, and wirewound resistors, instead of using noisy synthetic carbon film resistors and organic solid resistors.
3. The wirewound resistor has a large power, low current noise, high temperature resistance, but large volume. Ordinary wirewound resistors are commonly used in low frequency circuits or in bias resistors for voltage limiting resistors, voltage divider resistors, bleed resistors or high power transistors.
4. High precision wirewound resistors are often used in fixed attenuators, resistor boxes, computers and various precision electronic instruments.The resistance of the selected resistor should be close to a nominal value calculated in the application circuit. A standard series of resistors should be preferred.
5. The allowable error of the resistor used in general circuits is ±5%~±10%. For precision resistors and resistors used in special circuits, precision resistors should be used. The rated power of the selected resistor should meet the requirements of the power capacity of the resistor in the application circuit. Generally, the power of the resistor should not be increased or decreased at will.
6. If the circuit requirements are power type resistors, the rated power can be 1~2 times higher than the power required by the actual application circuit.
The hot sale resistors at Jotrin electronics
- 1.Ams releases New 1mm Low Power Micro Camera Module-NanEyeM
- 2.TI TPS7A10 Ultra Low Dropout Regulators Will Be Available In The Market
- 3.Renesas launches 100V,4A Half-Bridge N-MOSFET Driver-ISL784x4
- 4.How to choose fusible resistors and thermistors
- 5.Maxim Releases Complete Isolated RS-485 Module Transceiver_MAXM22511
- 6.ADI release 5V,10A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher 2_LTC3310S
- 7.How to choose a fixed resistor
- 8.The function of ceramic capacitor and the precautions for use
- 9.Vishay launches four new TMBS Trench MOS rectifiers
- 10.Apple Inc spends $600 million to acquire chip maker Dialog
- 11.Inspur Union Xilinx Releases FPGA AI Accelerator Card F37X with Integrated HBM2
- 12. Western Digital Releases 96-Layer 3D NAND_ iNAND MC EU321 EFD
- 13.AVX Newest Electronic components_BP0805 Thin Film Band Pass Filter
- 14.TDK's new Hall effect sensor programming tool
- 15.Cypress PSoC 4700 S-Series with advanced sensing technologies