Seiko Epson released two new high-performance six-axis IMU
Published time: 2018-05-30
Tokyo, Japan, April 3, 2018 -
Seiko Epson (Tokyo stock exchange code: 6724, Epson) has developed two new high-performance six-axis Inertial Measurement Units (IMU) 1, M-g370 and M-g365.The two models are scheduled for mass production by the end of 2018.Epson launched the first IMU in 2011.
Since then, Epson IMU has been widely used and has gained a good reputation for excellent performance and quality.The rapid growth of demand for automated precision agricultural machinery, intelligent building machinery and unmanned vehicle applications has promoted the need for high precision positioning.Epson's new IMU was developed to provide superior quality and productivity, and to achieve the FOG2 level of performance required for autonomous driving and navigation.In addition, the new IMU maintains backward compatibility with earlier M-g364 and m-g354 to facilitate performance upgrades.
2. Product features:
The describtion for M - G370 and M - G365
The M-G370 and M-G365 Overview
- Newly developed high-performance sensors that offer higher stability and lower noise in a wide dynamic range.
- Outstanding dynamic performance (scale factor non-linearity) for high-precision measurement, from static states to high-speed motion.
- Backward compatibility with the earlier M-G364 and M-G354, sharply reducing customer development costs and evaluation time.
- Low current consumption (16 mA, compared to 18 mA for the M-G364 and M-G354)
M - G370
Epson's top-of-the-line IMU offers FOG level performance in a 1-inch package.Ideal for inertial navigation and other applications that require superior position measurement precision, such as autonomous and unmanned applications.New development of deviation in the operation of the gyro sensor 3 can significantly improve the instability (0.8 ° / hr), 4 Angle random walk 5 and noise performance.The newly developed accelerometer significantly improves the performance of 6 uG in operation (M-g364 is 50 uG), and the initial deviation is 2 mg (1 mg).
M - G365
The next generation standard IMU has new attitude Angle output function and supports many applications.The original high speed DSP6 with extended kalman filter 7 provides highly accurate real-time attitude Angle output (roll/pitch/yaw) 8 with low power consumption.It is not necessary to calculate the dynamic attitude Angle of the system at high speed, so as to reduce the system load and power consumption.
3. Application examples
Autonomous driving and unmanned control of precision agricultural and engineering machinery.
Drones, such as industrial drones, ground and undersea vehicles.
Navigation system (GNSS9, INS10, high precision locator).
The universal camera and antenna are stable.
Vibration, Angle and path measurement of industrial equipment and vehicles.
4. Glossary of relevant terms
- The inertial measurement unit (IMU) is a device that is use for sensing inertial motion.It is consised of 3 axis angular velocity sensor and 3 axis accelerometer.
- The Fiber optic gyro( FOG) is a kind of gyroscope sensor based on fiber optic based on optical fiber and the properties of light interference， which can be found in some high-performance imus.
- The gyroscope sensor (angular velocity sensor) measures the rotation Angle (angular velocity) of the object relative to the reference axis of unit time.
- The gyroscope bias instability is at the specified sampling time and the average time interval computing a measure of the random variation of gyro output deviation, deviation of the change is characterized by the 1 / f noise density.
Product Specifications image
5.About Epson PROFILE
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, smart glasses, sensing systems and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 80,000 employees in 86 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
6..Releated Epson Corporation product
Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) : M-G365
Data Resolution 16 / 32bit
Digital Serial Interface SPI / UART
Factory-Calibrated Stability Bias, Scale Factor & Axial alignment
Data Output Rate to 2kSps
Calibration Temperature Range -40℃ to +85℃
Operating Temperature Range -40℃ to +85℃
Low Power Consumption 16mA (Typ.) @ 3.3V
Attitude Output Functions Euler Angle (Roll/Pitch)
Stabilization system (Antenna and Platform Stabilization, Camera Gimbal)
Navigation Systems (Autonomous Vehicle, Precision Agriculture, Construction Machinery)
8.The latest press about Epson Corporation
-TOKYO, Japan, May 22, 2018 -
In May, Seiko Epson Corporation (TSE: 6724, "Epson") will begin a global roll-out*1 of the N6 compact 6-axis (vertically articulated) industrial robot the company announced in November 2017. Epson will also release the SH250LH, a new force sensor with a hollow design.Epson's N series of compact 6-axis robots perform tasks in tight spaces more efficiently than other robots because of a uniquely engineered "folding" arm. The N6 has a longer arm (1,000 mm) and can handle higher payloads (6 kg) than Epson's previously released N2. The N6 is ideal for loading/unloading small electronic products and automotive parts into/from test equipment. It is also perfect for shelving/unshelving medical products and much more. It has a smaller installation footprint than earlier 6-axis robots and can reach a wider range of places, from the top shelf to the bottom. These features increase productivity and the efficiency with which factory space is used.
- 1.Seiko Epson released two new high-performance six-axis IMU
- 2.Epson’s Latest Display Controller IC Supports Both Text & Graphics on Color TFT & STN LCD’s
- 3.Epson introduces its new Simple LCDC display controller series
- 4.Epson Electronics America M-Series Micro USB Interface Board
- 5.Epson Electronics America S1D13517 External SDRAM LCD Controllers
- 6.Epson Electronics America E-Series Multi-Function Sensor Evaluation Units
- 7.Epson Electronics America S1C17704 16-bit Microcontroller
- 8.Epson Electronics America M-Series Sensor Evaluation Modules
- 9.Epson Toyocom TSX-3225 Series Miniature MHz Range Crystal Units
- 10.Epson Electronics America LCD Controllers
PROGRAMMABLE HIGH-FREQUENCY CRYSTAL OSCI >
SG-8002CE 75.000MHZ 75MHZ 75MEpson
SG-8002CE 13.5MHZ 13.5MEpson
- SG-710ECK 5.000MHZ 5MHZ 5M
- SG-710ECK 10.000MHZ 10MHZ 10M
- SG-615P 5.0688MC0
- SG-615P 1.8432M
- SG-531PH 60.0000MC
- SG-51P 16.2570MC:ROHS
- MA-406 160000MA
- FC-135 32.768K 12.5+-20
- CA-301 4.433619M-C:PBFREE
- 12.288MHZ SG-8002JF