6ch/8ch audio D/A converter have been developed for multi-channel audio systems.
Published time: 2019-12-20 13:56:44
There is an increasing need for high-resolution audio playback in the automotive industry but system power consumption targets are being reduced. This factor is limiting the D/A converter power supply to 3.3V.
Asahi Kasei Microdevices Corporation (AKM) has developed 32-bit 6ch/8ch advanced audio D/A converters (DAC) that support 3.3V power supply with 1.8V interface voltage making it compatible with the latest processor platforms available today. The AK4436/AK4438 are optimized for multi-channel audio systems with a focus on sound quality, power consumption and exception audio characteristics. The AK4436/AK4438 realizes detailed sound expression with high resolution 32-bit processing by AKMs proprietary VELVET SOUND architecture that has been widely adopted by well-established high-end audio companies, and also achieves a low power consumption operation required by automotive systems.
This line-up including the AK4432, a 2ch advanced DAC released Jun 2015, provides simple and optimal solution to any multichannel system by adopting the flexible TDM interface. This AK443x series utilizes a single-ended output version of the premium DAC, AK445X series.
● Dynamic sound play back with large amount of playback information:
- AKMs VELVET SOUND architecture is utilized.
- By a low distortion technology, the AK4436/AK4438 achieves -91dB distortion, the best performance in the field as a DAC that has 108dB S/N performance.
- Out of Band Noise is greatly reduced by OSRD (Over Sampling Ratio Doubler) technology.
- IRD (Impulse Response Designed) filters are integrated with 32-bit processing to reproduces detailed natural sound.
- Five different digital filters types are selectable according to the user audio and system preferences.
- The digital input supports up to 768 kHz PCM, recreating high-resolution sound that is as close as possible to the original acoustic source.
- It is suitable for high-resolution sound source playback that is becoming popular with Network Audio, USB DACs and Car Audio Systems.
● Low Power Consumption
- The new device achieves low power consumption performance that is about 13mW per channel (AK4436VN: 79mW, AK4438VN: 102mW).
● System Extensibility
By adding 6ch and 8ch line-ups, AKM can provide the best D/A converter combination for audio amplifier for multiple audio applications such as audio amplifier for cars and AV receivers. The digital input supports TDM (Time Division Multiplexing) signals, realizing daisy chain connection and simplifying the design of multi-channel playback systems.
LED DRVR 2Segment 3.7V 16Pin CSP >
IC DSP 4CH ADC/DAC/SRC 48LQFP >
PREMIUM DAC 4CH 32BIT 128QFP >
x8 SRAM >
- AK4380VT E2