Images are for reference only.
Low-voltage translating 16-bit I2C-bus/SMBus I/O expander with interrupt output, reset, and configuration registers
Request for Quotation
PCAL6416AEV Product Details
The PCAL6416AEV is a 16-bit general purpose I/O expander that provides remote I/O expansion for many microcontroller families via the I2C-bus interface.
NXP® I/O expanders provide a simple solution when additional I/Os are needed while keeping interconnections to a minimum, for example, in battery-powered mobile applications for interfacing to sensors, push buttons, keypad, etc. In addition to providing a flexible set of GPIOs, it simplifies interconnection of a processor running at one voltage level to I/O devices operating at a different (usually higher) voltage level. The PCAL6416AEV has built-in level shifting feature that makes these devices extremely flexible in mixed signal environments where communication between incompatible I/O voltages is required. Its wide VDD range of 1.65 V to 5.5 V on the dual power rail allows seamless communications with next-generation low voltage microprocessors and microcontrollers on the interface side (SDA/SCL) and peripherals at a higher voltage on the port side.
There are two supply voltages for PCAL6416A: VDD(I²C-bus) and VDD(P). VDD(I²C-bus)provides the supply voltage for the interface at the master side (for example, amicrocontroller) and the VDD(P) provides the supply for core circuits and Port P. Thebi-directional voltage level translation in the PCAL6416AEV is provided through VDD(I²C-bus).VDD(I²C-bus) should be connected to the VDD of the external SCL/SDA lines. This indicatesthe VDD level of the I²C-bus to the PCAL6416A, while the voltage level on Port P of thePCAL6416AEV is determined by the VDD(P).
The PCAL6416AEV contains the PCA6416A register set of four pairs of 8-bit Configuration,Input, Output, and Polarity Inversion registers and additionally, the PCAL6416AEV hasAgile I/O, which are additional features specifically designed to enhance the I/O. Theseadditional features are programmable output drive strength, latchable inputs,programmable pull-up/pull-down resistors, maskable interrupt, interrupt status register,programmable open-drain or push-pull outputs. The PCAL6416AEV is a pin-to-pinreplacement to the PCA6416A, however, the PCAL6416AEV powers up with all I/O interruptsmasked. This mask default allows for a board bring-up free of spurious interrupts atpower-up.
At power-on, the I/Os are configured as inputs. However, the system master can enablethe I/Os as either inputs or outputs by writing to the I/O configuration bits. The data foreach input or output is kept in the corresponding input or output register. The polarity ofthe Input Port register can be inverted with the Polarity Inversion register, saving externallogic gates. Programmable pull-up and pull-down resistors eliminate the need for discretecomponents.
The system master can reset the PCAL6416AEV in the event of a time-out or other improperoperation by asserting a LOW in the RESET input. The power-on reset puts the registersin their default state and initializes the I²C-bus/SMBus state machine. The RESET pincauses the same reset/initialization to occur without depowering the part.
The PCAL6416AEV open-drain interrupt (INT) output is activated when any input state differsfrom its corresponding Input Port register state and is used to indicate to the systemmaster that an input state has changed.
INT can be connected to the interrupt input of a microcontroller. By sending an interruptsignal on this line, the remote I/O can inform the microcontroller if there is incoming dataon its ports without having to communicate via the I²C-bus. Thus, the PCAL6416AEV canremain a simple slave device. The input latch feature holds or latches the input pin stateand keeps the logic values that created the interrupt until the master can service theinterrupt. This minimizes the host’s interrupt service response for fast moving inputs.
The device Port P outputs have 25 mA sink capabilities for directly driving LEDs whileconsuming low device current.
One hardware pin (ADDR) can be used to program and vary the fixed I2C-bus addressand allow up to two devices to share the same I²C-bus or SMBus.
- I²C-bus to parallel port expander
- Operating power supply voltage range of 1.65 V to 5.5 V
- Allows bidirectional voltage-level translation and GPIO expansion between:
- 1.8 V SCL/SDA and 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V or 5 V Port P
- 2.5 V SCL/SDA and 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V or 5 V Port P
- 3.3 V SCL/SDA and 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V or 5 V Port P
- 5 V SCL/SDA and 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3.3 V or 5 V Port P
- Low standby current consumption:
- 1.5 μA typical at 5 V VDD
- 1.0 μA typical at 3.3 V VDD
- Schmitt trigger action allows slow input transition and better switching noise immunity at the SCL and SDA inputs
- Vhys = 0.18 V (typical) at 1.8 V
- Vhys = 0.25 V (typical) at 2.5 V
- Vhys = 0.33 V (typical) at 3.3 V
- Vhys = 0.5 V (typical) at 5 V
- 5 V tolerant I/O ports
- Active LOW reset input (RESET)
- Open-drain active LOW interrupt output (INT)
- 400 kHz Fast-mode I²C-bus
- Internal power-on reset
- Power-up with all channels configured as inputs
- No glitch on power-up
- Noise filter on SCL/SDA inputs
- Latched outputs with 25 mA drive maximum capability for directly driving LEDs
- Latch-up performance exceeds 100 mA per JESD 78, Class II
- ESD protection exceeds JESD 22
- 2000 V Human-Body Model (A114-A)
- 1000 V Charged-Device Model (C101)
- Packages offered: TSSOP24, HWQFN24, UFBGA24, VFBGA24, XFBGA24, X2QFN24
- Software backward compatible with PCA6416A with interrupts disabled at power-up
- Pin-to-pin drop-in replacement with PCA6416A
- Output port configuration: bank selectable push-pull or open-drain output stages
- Interrupt status: read-only register identifies the source of an interrupt
- Bit-wise I/O programming features:
- Output drive strength: four programmable drive strengths to reduce rise and fall times in low-capacitance applications
- Input latch: Input Port register values changes are kept until the Input Port registeris read
- Pull-up/pull-down enable: floating input or pull-up/pull-down resistor enable
- Pull-up/pull-down selection: 100 kΩ pull-up/pull-down resistor selection
- Interrupt mask: mask prevents the generation of the interrupt when input changesstate to prevent spurious interrupts
- Tape & Reel (TR)/Cut Tape (CT)/Tray/Tube
- RoHs Status
- Lead free/RoHS Compliant
PCAL6416A NXP Technical Data
PCAL6416AEV Related Products
Ratings and Reviews (1)
- 5 / 5
- 5 Stars 100%
- 4 Stars 0%
- 3 Stars 0%
- 2 Stars 0%
- 1 Stars 0%
Fast shipping!!! Quality goods!!!
Estimated Delivery Time: May 16 - May 21 days (choose Expedited at checkout).
Shipping & Payment
- Shipping Type
- Ship Fee
- Lead Time
- $20.00-$40.00 (0.50 KG)
- 2-5 days
- $20.00-$40.00 (0.50 KG)
- 3-7 days
- $20.00-$45.00 (0.50 KG)
- 2-5 days
- $25.00-$65.00 (0.50 KG)
- 2-5 days
- $25.00-$45.00 (0.50 KG)
- 5-14 days
- REGISTERED AIR MAIL
- $2.00-$3.00 (0.10 KG)
- 7-30 days
Processing Time：Shipping fee depend on different zone and country.
- Terms of payment
- Hand Fee
- Wire Transfer
- charge US$30.00 banking fee.
- charge 4.0% service fee.
- Credit Card
- charge 3.5% service fee.
- Western Union
- charge US$0.00 banking fee.
- Money Gram
- charge US$0.00 banking fee.
We provide high quality products, thoughtful service and after sale guarantee
We have rich products, can meet your various needs.
Minimum order quantity starts from 1pcs.
Lowest international shipping fee starts from US$2.00.
90 days quality guarantee for all products.
Step2: Vacuum Packaging
Step3: Anti-Static Bag
Step4: Individual Packaging
Step5: Packaging Boxes
Step6: Bar-Code Shipping Tag
All the products will packing in anti-staticbag. Ship with ESD antistatic protection.
Outside ESD packing’s lable will use ourcompany’s information: Part Mumber, Brand and Quantity.
We will inspect all the goods before shipment,ensure all the products at good condition and ensure the parts are new originalmatch datasheet.
After all the goods are ensure no problems afterpacking, we will packing safely and send by global express. It exhibitsexcellent puncture and tear resistance along with good seal integrity.
1.We provide 90 days warranty.
2.If some of the items you received aren't of perfect quality, we would resiponsibly arrange your refund or replacement. But the items must remain their orginal condition.
- Q: How does Jotrin guarantee that PCAL6416AEV is the original manufacturer or agent of NXP?
- We have a professional business development department to strictly test and verify the qualifications of NXP original manufacturers and agents. All NXP suppliers must pass the qualification review before they can publish their PCAL6416AEV devices; we pay more attention to the channels and quality of PCAL6416AEV products than any other customer. We strictly implement supplier audits, so you can purchase with confidence.
- Q: How to find the detailed information of PCAL6416AEV chips? Including NXP original factory information, Interfaces ; I2C, SPI, Serial Interface Devices ; I2C General Purpose I/O application, PCAL6416AEV pictures?
- You can use Jotrin's intelligent search engine, or filter by Interfaces ; I2C, SPI, Serial Interface Devices ; I2C General Purpose I/O category, or find it through NXP Semiconductor Information page.
- Q: Are the NXP's PCAL6416AEV price and stock displayed on the platform accurate?
- The NXP's inventory fluctuates greatly and cannot be updated in time, it will be updated periodically within 24 hours. After submitting an order for PCAL6416AEV, it is recommended to confirm the order with Jotrin salesperson or online customer service before payment.
- Q: Can I place an order offline?
Yes. We accept offline orders.
We can provide order placement service. You only need to log in, click "My Orders" to enter the transaction management, and you will see the "Order Details" interface. After checking it, select all and click "Place Order". In addition, you can enjoy coupons or other selected gifts when placing orders online.
- Q: What forms of payment can I use in Jotrin?
- TT Bank, Paypal, Credit Card, Western Union, and Escrow is all acceptable.
- Q: How is the shipping arranged and track my package?
Customers can choose industry-leading freight companies, including DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT, and Registered Mail.
Once your order has been processed for shipment, our sales will send you an e-mail advising you of the shipping status and tracking number.
Note: It may take up to 24 hours before carriers will display tracking information. In normal conditions, Express delivery needs 3-5 days, Registered Mail needs 25-60 days.
- Q: What is the process for returns or replacement of PCAL6416AEV?
All goods will implement Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI), selected at random from all batches of your order to do a systematic inspection before arranging the shipment.
If there is something wrong with the PCAL6416AEV we delivered, we will accept the replacement or return of the PCAL6416AEV only when all of the below conditions are fulfilled:
(1)Such as a deficiency in quantity, delivery of wrong items, and apparent external defects (breakage and rust, etc.), and we acknowledge such problems.
(2)We are informed of the defect described above within 90 days after the delivery of PCAL6416AEV.
(3)The PCAL6416AEV is unused and only in the original unpacked packaging.
Two processes to return the products:
(1)Inform us within 90 days
(2)Obtain Requesting Return Authorizations
More details about return electronic components please see our Return & Change Policy.
- Q: How to contact us and get support, such as PCAL6416AEV datasheet pdf, PCAL6416A pin diagram?
- Need any After-Sales service, please feel free contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.Logic family asserts to be fastest family of devices with the lowest power consumption
- 2.NXP Releases Plug’n Play NFC Solution for Linux and Android Developers
- 3.NXP’s New NFC Tag,which named NTAG 424 DNA make NFC Highest Security
- 4.NXP Semiconductors Bidirectional Voltage-Level Translators
- 5.NXP Launches Comprehensive RF Power Multi-Chip Module Portfolio
- 6.S32V234 Vision and Sensor Fusion Processor from NXP Semiconductors