Step-Up Converter For Handheld Applications
Request for Quotation
MAX8969 Product Details
Step-Up Converter For Handheld Applications The MAX8969 is a simple 1A step-up converter in a small package that can be used in any single-cell Li-ion application. This IC provides protection features such as input undervoltage lockout, short circuit, and overtemperature shutdown. The IC transitions to skip mode seamlessly under light-load conditions to improve efficiency. Under these conditions, switching occurs only as needed, reducing switching frequency and supply current to maintain high efficiency.Features
S Compact Layout Small, x 1.25mm WLP Package 3MHz PWM Switching Frequency Small External Components S Safe and Efficient Step-Up Mode to 1A Output Current to 5.5V Input Voltage Range to 5V Ouput Voltage Range Over 90% Efficiency with Internal Synchronous_ Rectifier Low 45�A No-Load Quiescent Current Soft-Start Controls Inrush Current True ShutdownTM Low 1�A Shutdown Current S Track Mode 1A Current Limited 130mI On-Resistance Low 30�A No Load Quiescent Current S Automatic Track Mode 130mI On-Resistance Low 60�A No-Load Quiescent Current Boost Circuitry Enabled for Fast Transition into_ Boost
The is a simple 1A step-up converter in a small package that can be used in any single-cell Li-ion application. This IC provides protection features such as input undervoltage lockout, short circuit, and overtemperature shutdown. The IC transitions to skip mode seamlessly under lightload conditions to improve efficiency. Under these conditions, switching occurs only as needed, reducing switching frequency and supply current to maintain high efficiency. When the input voltage is sufficient to drive the load, the IC can be operated in track mode or automatic track mode (ATM). In track mode, the p-channel MOSFET acts as a current-limited load switch and quiescent current is as low as 30�A under a no-load condition. In ATM mode, the p-channel MOSFET acts as a current-limited load switch and quiescent current is as low as 60�A under a no-load condition. In ATM mode, the internal boost circuitry is enabled, allowing for fast transitions into boost mode. The IC is available in a small, 1.25mm, 9-bump WLP (0.4mm pitch) package.Applications
Cell Phones Smartphones Mobile Internet Devices GPS, PND eBooks
Note: The output voltage range is from to 5V. Contact the factory for output options and availability. +Denotes a lead(Pb)-free/RoHS-compliant package.True Shutdown is a trademark of Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.
For pricing, delivery, and ordering information, please contact Maxim Direct 1-888-629-4642, or visit Maxim's website at www.maxim-ic.com.
IN, OUT_ to +6.0V EN, TREN to GND_............. -0.3V to lower of (VIN or 6V Total LX_ Current........................................................... 3.2ARMS OUT_ Short Circuit to GND_......................................Continuous Continuous Power Dissipation (TA = +70NC) WLP (derate 12mW/NC above +70NC).........................960mW Operating Temperature Range........................... to +85NC Junction Temperature......................................................+150NC Storage Temperature Range............................ to +150NC Soldering Temperature (reflow) (Note 1).........................+260NC
Note 1: This device is constructed using a unique set of packaging techniques that impose a limit on the thermal profile that the device can be exposed to during board level solder attach and rework. This limit permits only the use of the solder profiles recommended in the industry-standard specification JEDEC 020A, paragraph 7.6, Table 3 for IR/VPR and Convection reflow. Preheating is required. Hand or wave soldering is not allowed.
Stresses beyond those listed under "Absolute Maximum Ratings" may cause permanent damage to the device. These are stress ratings only, and functional operation of the device at these or any other conditions beyond those indicated in the operational sections of the specifications is not implied. Exposure to absolute maximum rating conditions for extended periods may affect device reliability.
WLP Junction-to-Ambient Thermal Resistance (BJA)...........83NC/W Junction-to-Case Thermal Resistance (BJC)................50NC/W Note 2: Package thermal resistances were obtained using the method described in JEDEC specification JESD51-7, using a fourlayer board. For detailed information on package thermal considerations, refer to www.maxim-ic.com/thermal-tutorial.
(VIN to +85NC, unless otherwise noted. Typical values are = +25NC.) (Note 3) PARAMETER Operating Input Voltage Range Minimum Startup Voltage Undervoltage Lockout Threshold (UVLO) Shutdown Supply Current Thermal Shutdown BOOST MODE Continuous Output Current VIN > 2.5V (Note 4) VOUT = 3.3V VOUT = 3.5V Peak Output Current VIN > 2.5V, pulse load VOUT = 3.7V VOUT = 4.25V VOUT = 4.7V VOUT = 5.0V Switching Frequency (Note 4) No load, VOUT_TARGET 3.3V No load, VOUT_TARGET = 3.5V Output Voltage Accuracy No load, VOUT_TARGET 3.7V No load, VOUT_TARGET 4.25V No load, VOUT_TARGET 5V V MHz A VIN falling, 75mV hysteresis VEN = VTREN = VOUT = 0V, VIN 4.8V TA rising, 20NC hysteresis +85NC 2.1 CONDITIONS MIN TYP MAX 5.5 UNITS FA NC
(VIN to +85NC, unless otherwise noted. Typical values are = +25NC.) (Note 3) PARAMETER CONDITIONS 2.5V < VIN < VATMRT, conditions emulating 0 < IOUT < 1A, COUT = 1FH, VOUT_TARGET 2.5V < VIN < VATMRT, conditions emulating 0 < IOUT < 1A, COUT = 1FH, VOUT_TARGET = 3.5V Steady-State Output Voltage (Notes 2.5V < VIN < VATMRT, conditions emulating 0 < IOUT < 1A, COUT = 1FH, VOUT_TARGET 2.5V < VIN < VATMRT, conditions emulating 0 < IOUT < 600mA, COUT = 1FH, VOUT_TARGET 2.5V < VIN < VATMRT, conditions emulating 0 < IOUT < 500mA, COUT = 1FH, VOUT_TARGET = 5V LX_ Leakage Current Skip-Mode Supply Current pMOS Turn-Off Current (Zero-Cross Current) LX_ nMOS Current Limit Maximum Duty Cycle Minimum Duty Cycle VOUT = 3.3V VOUT = 3.5V pMOS On-Resistance VOUT = 3.7V VOUT = 4.25V VOUT = 5V VOUT = 3.3V VOUT = 3.5V nMOS On-Resistance VOUT = 3.7V VOUT = 4.25V VOUT = 5V Minimum Output Capacitance for Stable Operation (Actual) VOUT = 3.3V Maximum Output Capacitance (Actual) 0 < IOUT < 0.3A during startup VOUT = 3.5V VOUT = 3.7V VOUT = 4.25V VOUT FF mI VLX = +85NC MIN 3.00 TYP MAX 3.45 UNITSEN = high, IOUT 0A, 1FH inductor (TREN is low, not switching)
- Flexible System Integration
- Up to 1A Output Current
- 2.5V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range
- 3.3V to 5.7V Output Voltage Options
- Integrated Protection Increases System Robustness
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Overtemperature Shutdown
- High Efficiency and Low Quiescent Current Extends Battery Life
- Over 90% Efficiency with Internal Synchronous Rectifier
- 60μA IQ in Automatic Track Mode
- 45μA IQ in Step-Up Mode
- 30μA IQ in Track Mode
- 1μA Shutdown Current
- Skip Mode Under Light Load Condition Improves Efficiency
- True Shutdown? Prevents Current Flow from OUT_ to LX_
- Soft-Start Limits Inrush Current to 480mA
- Small Package and High Frequency Operation Reduce Board Space
- 9-Bump 1.25mm × 1.25mm WLP Package
- 3MHz PWM Switching Frequency
- Small External Components
- Cell Phones
- GPS, PND
- Mobile Internet Devices
|Tags||FPGA ,Wearable||Shutdown Mode Supply Current (max) (\u03bcA)||5|
|Vin (min) (V)||2.5||DC DC Outputs||1|
|Vin (max) (V)||5.5||Alternate Topology||-|
|Vout1 (min) (V)||3.3||LDO/ Op.Amp. Outputs||-|
|Vout1 (max) (V)||5||Oper. Freq. (kHz)||3000|
|Preset Vout (V)||3.3 ,5||Features||Current Limit ,Fixed Freq./PWM ,True Shutdown|
|Vout1 Tolerance (±%)||-||Design Tools||-|
|Iout1 (A)||1||EV Kit||Yes|
|Output Adjust. Method||Preset||Industry Qualified||-|
|Switch Type||Internal||Oper. Temp. (\u00b0C)||-40 to +85|
|Power Good Signal||-||Package/Pins||WLP/9|
|Synchronous Switching||Yes||Smallest Available Pckg. (max w/pins) (mm2)||1.7|
|Icc (typ) (mA)||0.045||RoHS Available||Yes|
|Icc (max) (mA)||0.045||Budgetary Price (See Notes)||$0.49 @1k|
|Shutdown Mode Supply Current (typ) (\u03bcA)||0.8|
MAX8969 data sheet for guidance
MAX8969 Related Products
Ratings and Reviews
- 0 / 5
- 5 Stars 0%
- 4 Stars 0%
- 3 Stars 0%
- 2 Stars 0%
- 1 Stars 0%
Estimated Delivery Time: Jan 28 - Feb 02 days (choose Expedited at checkout).
Shipping & Payment
|Shipping Type||Ship Fee||Lead Time|
$20.00-$40.00 (0.50 KG)
$20.00-$40.00 (0.50 KG)
$20.00-$45.00 (0.50 KG)
$25.00-$65.00 (0.50 KG)
$25.00-$45.00 (0.50 KG)
|REGISTERED AIR MAIL||
$2.00-$3.00 (0.10 KG)
Processing Time：Shipping fee depend on different zone and country.
|Terms of payment||Hand Fee||Payment Site|
charge US$30.00 banking fee.
charge 4.0% service fee.
charge 3.5% service fee.
charge US$0.00 banking fee.
charge US$0.00 banking fee.
We provide high quality products, thoughtful service and after sale guarantee
We have rich products, can meet your various needs.
Minimum order quantity starts from 1pcs.
Lowest international shipping fee starts from US$2.00.
90 days quality guarantee for all products.
Step6:bar-code shipping tag
All the products will packing in anti-staticbag. Ship with ESD antistatic protection.
Outside ESD packing’s lable will use ourcompany’s information: Part Mumber, Brand and Quantity.
We will inspect all the goods before shipment,ensure all the products at good condition and ensure the parts are new originalmatch datasheet.
After all the goods are ensure no problems afterpacking, we will packing safely and send by global express. It exhibitsexcellent puncture and tear resistance along with good seal integrity.
1.We provide 90 days warranty.
2.If some of the items you received aren't of perfect quality, we would resiponsibly arrange your refund or replacement. But the items must remain their orginal condition.
- Q: How does Jotrin guarantee that MAX8969 is the original manufacturer or agent of MAXIM?
- We have a professional business development department to strictly test and verify the qualifications of MAXIM original manufacturers and agents. All MAXIM suppliers must pass the qualification review before they can publish their MAX8969 devices; we pay more attention to the channels and quality of MAX8969 products than any other customer. We strictly implement supplier audits, so you can purchase with confidence.
- Q: How to find the detailed information of MAX8969 chips? Including MAXIM original factory information, Power Management , DC-DC Converters , Step-up application, MAX8969 pictures?
- You can use Jotrin's intelligent search engine, or filter by Step-Up Switching Regulators category, or find it through Maxim Integrated Information page.
- Q: Are the MAXIM's MAX8969 price and stock displayed on the platform accurate?
- The MAXIM's inventory fluctuates greatly and cannot be updated in time, it will be updated periodically within 24 hours. After submitting an order for MAX8969, it is recommended to confirm the order with Jotrin salesperson or online customer service before payment.
- Q: Can I place an order offline?
Yes. We accept offline orders.
We can provide order placement service. You only need to log in, click "My Orders" to enter the transaction management, and you will see the "Order Details" interface. After checking it, select all and click "Place Order". In addition, you can enjoy coupons or other selected gifts when placing orders online.
- Q: What forms of payment can I use in Jotrin?
- TT Bank, Paypal, Credit Card, Western Union, and Escrow is all acceptable.
- Q: How is the shipping arranged and track my package?
- Customers can choose industry-leading freight companies, including DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT, and Registered Mail.
Once your order has been processed for shipment, our sales will send you an e-mail advising you of the shipping status and tracking number.
Note: It may take up to 24 hours before carriers will display tracking information. In normal conditions, Express delivery needs 3-5 days, Registered Mail needs 25-60 days.
- Q: What is the process for returns or replacement of MAX8969?
All goods will implement Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI), selected at random from all batches of your order to do a systematic inspection before arranging the shipment.
If there is something wrong with the MAX8969 we delivered, we will accept the replacement or return of the MAX8969 only when all of the below conditions are fulfilled:
(1)Such as a deficiency in quantity, delivery of wrong items, and apparent external defects (breakage and rust, etc.), and we acknowledge such problems.
(2)We are informed of the defect described above within 90 days after the delivery of MAX8969.
(3)The MAX8969 is unused and only in the original unpacked packaging.
Two processes to return the products:
(1)Inform us within 90 days
(2)Obtain Requesting Return Authorizations
More details about return electronic components please see our Return & Change Policy.
- Q: How to contact us and get support, such as MAX8969 datasheet pdf, MAX8969 pin diagram?
- Need any After-Sales service, please feel free contact us: email@example.com
- 1.SMARTER LIGHTING FOR THEM, NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU
- 2.Maxim electronics components family
- 3.Some electronic components manufactured by Maxim Integrated
- 4.UNIVERSAL INPUT REFERENCE DESIGN PROVIDES ACCURACY AND FLEXIBILITY FOR INDUSTRIAL SENSORS
- 5.Maxim Releases Complete Isolated RS-485 Module Transceiver_MAXM22511
- 6.Maxim Announces Newest Secure Microcontroller with 50% Package Size Reduction
MAX34565 12V Hot-Plug Switch In TDFN Package
FDA4100LV 4x135W / 2x270W low voltage operation PWM digital input power amplifier with I2C diagnostics and step-up driver
AS1860 Akros Silicon SoC with Integrated Digital Isolation Supports 60W and 90W PoE Applications
A6211 Constant-Current 3-Ampere PWM Dimmable Buck Regulator LED Driver
HMC-C088 Successive Detection Log Video Amplifier (SDLVA), 1 - 20 GHz
ATA5831 RF Transceiver ICs deliver output power up to 14.5 dBm.