Counter ICs CMOS Programmable Divide-by-N Counter
Request for Quotation
CD4059AME4 Product Details
CD4059 standard "A" Series types are divide-by-N down-counters that can be programmed to divide an input frequencyby any number "N" from 3 to 15,999. The output signal is a pulse one clock-cycle wide occurring at a rate equal to theinput frequency divided by N. This single output has TTL drive capability. The down-counter is preset by means of 16jam inputs.
The three Mode-Select Inputs Ka, Kb, and Kc determine the modulus ("divide-by" number) of the first and last countingsections in accordance with the truth table shown in Table 1. Every time the first (fastest) counting section goes throughone cycle, it reduces by 1 the number that has been preset (jammed) into the three decades of the intermediate countingsection and into the last counting section, which consists of flip-flops that are not needed for operating the first countingsection. For example, in the2 mode, only one flip-flop is needed in the first countingsection. Therefore the last counting section has three flip-flops that can be preset to a maximum count of seven with a placevalue of thousands. If10 is desired for the first section, Ka is set 1, Kb to 1, and Kcto 0. Jam Inputs J1, J2, J3, and J4 are used to preset the first counting section and there is no last counting section. Theintermediate counting section consists of three cascaded BCD decade (10) counterspresettable by means of Jam Inputs J5 through J16.
The Mode-Select Inputs permit frequency-synthesizer channel separations of 10, 12.5, 20, 25, or 50 parts. These inputsset the maximum value of N at 9999 (when the first counting section divides by 5 or 10) or 15,999 (when the first countingsection divides by 8, 4, or 2).
The three decades of the intermediate counting section can be preset to a binary 15 instead of a binary 9, while theirplace values are still 1, 10, and 100, multiplied by the number of theN mode. Forexample in the8 mode, the number from which counting-down begins can be preset to:
- 3rd decade:1500
- 2nd decade:150
- 1st decade:15
- Last counting section 1000
The total of these numbers (2665) times 8 equals 21,320. The first counting section can be preset to 7. Therefore,21,327 is the maximum possible count in the8 mode.
The highest count of the various modes is shown in the column entitled Extended Counter Range of Table 1. Controlinputs Kb and Kc can be used to initiate and lock the counter in the "master preset" state. In this condition the flip-flopsin the counter are preset in accordance with the jam inputs and the counter remains in that state as long as Kb and Kc bothremain low. The counter begins to count down from the preset state when a counting mode other than the master preset modeis selected.
The counter should always be put in the master preset mode before the5 mode is selected.
Whenever the master preset mode is used, control signals Kb=0 and Kc=0 must be applied for at least 3 full clock pulses.
After the Master Preset Mode inputs have been changed to one of the modes, the nextpositive-going clock transition changes an internal flip-flop so that the countdown can begin at the second positive-goingclock transition. Thus, after an MP (Master Preset) mode, there is always one extra count before the output goes high.Fig. 1 illustrates a total count of 3 ( 8 mode). If the Master Preset mode is startedtwo clock cycles or less before an output pulse, the output pulse will appear at the time due. If the Master Preset Modeis not used the counter jumps back to the "JAM" count when the output pulse appears.
A "1" on the Latch Enable input will cause the counter output to remain high once an output pulse occurs, and to remainin the high state until the latch input returns to "0". If the Latch Enable is "0", the output pulse willremain high for only 1 cycle of the clock-input signal.
As illustrated in the sample applications, this device is particularly advantageous in communication digital frequencysynthesis (VHF, UHF, FM, AM, etc.) where programmable divide-by-"N" counters are an integral part of the synthesizerphase-locked-loop sub-system. The CD4059AME4 can also be used to perform the synthesizer "Fixed Divide-by-R"counting function. It is also useful in general-purpose counters for instrumentation functions such as totalizers, productioncounters, and "time out" timers.
The CD4059B-series types are supplied in 24-lead dual-in-line plastic packages (E suffix), and 24-lead small-outline packages (M and M96 suffixes).
- Synchronous ProgrammableN Counter:
N = 3 to 9999 or 15,999
- Presettable down-counter
- Fully static operation
- Mode-select control of initial decade counting function ( 10,8,5,4,2)
- T2L drive capability
- Master preset initialization
- LatchableN output
- Quiescent current specified to 15 volts
- Max. input leakage current of 1 μA at 15 volts, full package-temperature range
- 1 volt noise margin, full package-temperature range
- 5-V and 10-V parametric ratings
- Communications digital frequency synthesizers: VHF, UHF, FM, AM, etc.
- Fixed or programmable frequency division
- "Time out" timer for consumer-application industrial controls
- Companion Application Note, ICAN-6374, "Application of the CMOS CD4059A Programmable Divide-by-N Counter in FM andCitizens Band Transceiver Digital Tuners"
|Logic Family||CMOS||Package / Case||SOIC-24|
|Counting Sequence||Down||Mounting Style||SMD/SMT|
|Operating Supply Voltage||3 V to 18 V||Factory Pack Quantity||25|
|Operating Temperature Range||- 55 C to + 125 C|
CD4059A Family Datasheet
CD4059AME4 Related Products
Ratings and Reviews
- 0 / 5
- 5 Stars 0%
- 4 Stars 0%
- 3 Stars 0%
- 2 Stars 0%
- 1 Stars 0%
Estimated Delivery Time: Jan 28 - Feb 02 days (choose Expedited at checkout).
Shipping & Payment
|Shipping Type||Ship Fee||Lead Time|
$20.00-$40.00 (0.50 KG)
$20.00-$40.00 (0.50 KG)
$20.00-$45.00 (0.50 KG)
$25.00-$65.00 (0.50 KG)
$25.00-$45.00 (0.50 KG)
|REGISTERED AIR MAIL||
$2.00-$3.00 (0.10 KG)
Processing Time：Shipping fee depend on different zone and country.
|Terms of payment||Hand Fee||Payment Site|
charge US$30.00 banking fee.
charge 4.0% service fee.
charge 3.5% service fee.
charge US$0.00 banking fee.
charge US$0.00 banking fee.
We provide high quality products, thoughtful service and after sale guarantee
We have rich products, can meet your various needs.
Minimum order quantity starts from 1pcs.
Lowest international shipping fee starts from US$2.00.
90 days quality guarantee for all products.
Step6:bar-code shipping tag
All the products will packing in anti-staticbag. Ship with ESD antistatic protection.
Outside ESD packing’s lable will use ourcompany’s information: Part Mumber, Brand and Quantity.
We will inspect all the goods before shipment,ensure all the products at good condition and ensure the parts are new originalmatch datasheet.
After all the goods are ensure no problems afterpacking, we will packing safely and send by global express. It exhibitsexcellent puncture and tear resistance along with good seal integrity.
1.We provide 90 days warranty.
2.If some of the items you received aren't of perfect quality, we would resiponsibly arrange your refund or replacement. But the items must remain their orginal condition.
- Q: How does Jotrin guarantee that CD4059AME4 is the original manufacturer or agent of TI?
- We have a professional business development department to strictly test and verify the qualifications of TI original manufacturers and agents. All TI suppliers must pass the qualification review before they can publish their CD4059AME4 devices; we pay more attention to the channels and quality of CD4059AME4 products than any other customer. We strictly implement supplier audits, so you can purchase with confidence.
- Q: How to find the detailed information of CD4059AME4 chips? Including TI original factory information, Counter ICs application, CD4059AME4 pictures?
- You can use Jotrin's intelligent search engine, or filter by Semiconductors ; Logic ; Specialty logic category, or find it through Texas Instruments, Inc Information page.
- Q: Are the TI's CD4059AME4 price and stock displayed on the platform accurate?
- The TI's inventory fluctuates greatly and cannot be updated in time, it will be updated periodically within 24 hours. After submitting an order for CD4059AME4, it is recommended to confirm the order with Jotrin salesperson or online customer service before payment.
- Q: Can I place an order offline?
Yes. We accept offline orders.
We can provide order placement service. You only need to log in, click "My Orders" to enter the transaction management, and you will see the "Order Details" interface. After checking it, select all and click "Place Order". In addition, you can enjoy coupons or other selected gifts when placing orders online.
- Q: What forms of payment can I use in Jotrin?
- TT Bank, Paypal, Credit Card, Western Union, and Escrow is all acceptable.
- Q: How is the shipping arranged and track my package?
- Customers can choose industry-leading freight companies, including DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT, and Registered Mail.
Once your order has been processed for shipment, our sales will send you an e-mail advising you of the shipping status and tracking number.
Note: It may take up to 24 hours before carriers will display tracking information. In normal conditions, Express delivery needs 3-5 days, Registered Mail needs 25-60 days.
- Q: What is the process for returns or replacement of CD4059AME4?
All goods will implement Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI), selected at random from all batches of your order to do a systematic inspection before arranging the shipment.
If there is something wrong with the CD4059AME4 we delivered, we will accept the replacement or return of the CD4059AME4 only when all of the below conditions are fulfilled:
(1)Such as a deficiency in quantity, delivery of wrong items, and apparent external defects (breakage and rust, etc.), and we acknowledge such problems.
(2)We are informed of the defect described above within 90 days after the delivery of CD4059AME4.
(3)The CD4059AME4 is unused and only in the original unpacked packaging.
Two processes to return the products:
(1)Inform us within 90 days
(2)Obtain Requesting Return Authorizations
More details about return electronic components please see our Return & Change Policy.
- Q: How to contact us and get support, such as CD4059AME4 datasheet pdf, CD4059A pin diagram?
- Need any After-Sales service, please feel free contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texas Instruments, Inc
- 1.Introduction to Digital Signal Processor
- 2.How to use LM3886 DIY Gainclone power amplifier
- 3.Design of Software Phase-locking Based on DSP2812
- 4.The design of intelligent instrument based on DSP device TMS320C32 and CPLD chip
- 5.Design of audio signal acquisition system based on TMS320C6713
- 6.Gate Drivers and NexFET Power Blocks deliver 700 W of power
CD4055BE CMOS BCD-to-7-Segment LCD Decoder/Driver with Display-Frequency Output 16-PDIP -55 to 125,Encoders,Decoders,Multiplexers & Demultiplexers BCD to 7 Segment
CD4056BE Liquid-Crystal Display Drivers (BCD-7 segment LCD decoder / driver) ,Encoders,Decoders,Multiplexers & Demultiplexers BCD to 7 Segment
CD4054BE Liquid-Crystal Display Drivers (four-line LCD Driver) ,Encoders,Decoders,Multiplexers & Demultiplexers CMOS 4-Segment LCD
CD4059AM CMOS Programmable Divide-by-N Counter 24-SOIC -55 to 125,Counter ICs CMOS Programmable Divide-by-N Counter
CD4053BM96 Precision JFET-input Operational Amplifier 8-SOIC 0 to 70,Multiplexer Switch ICs Triple 2-Ch Analog
CD4059AE CMOS Programmable Divide-by-N Counter 24-PDIP -55 to 125,Counter Shift Registers Prog Div by N