LED driver reduces EMI in low cost lamps
Request for Quotation
AL8807 Product Details
The AL8807 is a step-down DC/DC converter designed to drive LEDs with a constant current. The device can drive up to 8 LEDs, depending on the forward voltage of the LEDs, in series from a voltage source of 6V to 30V. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents resulting in uniform brightness and eliminating the need for ballast resistors. The AL8807 switches at frequency up to 1MHz. This allows the use of small size external components, hence minimizing the PCB area needed. Maximum output current of AL8807 is set via an external resistor connected between the VIN and SET input pins. Dimming is achieved by applying either a DC voltage or a PWM signal at the CTRL input pin. An input voltage of 0.4V or lower at CTRL switches off the output MOSFET simplifying PWM dimming. It is available in SOT25 with green mold compound as standard. MSOP-8EP version will be released in 2011Q4
The i a step-down n DC/DC conv verter designed to drive LEDs wit th a constant current. c The de evice can drive to 8 LEDs, dep pending on the e forward volta age of the LEDs, in series from a voltage v source to 30V. Series connec ction of the LEDs provides iden ntical LED cur rrents resulting g in uniform brightness and eliminating the need for ba allast resistors. The AL8807 switch hes at frequenc to 1MHz with controlled rise and fall times s to reduce EM MI. This allows s the use of small size external co omponents, hen nce minimizing g the PCB area needed. Maximum output current se et via an exte ernal resistor conne ected between n the VIN and d SET input pins. p Dimming is ac chieved by applying either a DC voltage or a PWM signal at t the CTRL inp put pin. An inp put voltage 0 or lower at CTRL switches of ff the output MO OSFET simplif fying PWM dimming g.Features
LED driving g current to 1A Better than n 5% accuracy High efficie ency 96% % Optimally controlled c switc ching speeds Operating input i voltage fr rom to 30V PWM/DC in nput for dimmin ng control Built-in outp put open-circui it protection SOT25: Av vailable in "Gree en" Molding Co ompound (No Br, B Sb) with lea ad Free Finish/ / RoHS Compli iant (Note MSOP-8EP P Available in "Green" Molding Compound (No Br, Sb) with h lead Free Fin nish/ RoHS Com mpliant (Note 1) 1M MR16 lamps General illumina ation lamps 2V powered LE ED Lamps 12
1. EU Dire ective 2002/95/EC (RoHS). All applica able RoHS exempt tions applied. Pleas se visit our website e at http://w www.diodes.com/pr roducts/lead_free.h html.
D1 DFLS 2 R1 ANODE R15 D3 DFLS P2 D4 DFLS 2 D5 DFLS 150�F C1 CTRL nF F GND 33� H CATHODE DFLS 2 D2 SET VIN C4 1�F
Pin Name SW GND Pin Number SOT25 MSOP-8EP Descriptions Switch Pin. Connect inductor/freewheeling diode here, minimizing track length at this pin to reduce EMI. GND Pin Dimming and On/Off Control Input. Leave floating for normal operation. (VCTRL = VREF = 2.5V giving nominal average output current IOUTnom = 0.1/RS) Drive to voltage below 0.4V to turn off output current Drive with DC voltage (0.5V < VCTRL 2.5V) to adjust output current from 100% of IOUTnom A PWM signal (low level 0.4V and high level > 2.6; transition times less than 1us) allows the output current to be adjusted below the level set by the resistor connected to SET input pin. Set Nominal Output Current Pin. Configure the output current of the device. Input Supply Pin. Must be locally decoupled to GND with 2.2�F X7R ceramic capacitor � see applications section for more information. Exposed pad/TAB connect to GND and thermal mass for enhanced thermal impedance no connection
Parameter Human Body Model ESD Protection Machine Model ESD Protection Continuous VIN pin voltage relative to GND SW voltage relative to GND CTRL pin input voltage DC or RMS Switch current Peak Switch current (<10%) Junction Temperature Lead Temperature Soldering Storage Temperature Range
Stresses greater than the 'Absolute Maximum Ratings' specified above, may cause permanent damage to the device. These are stress ratings only; functional operation of the device at these or any other conditions exceeding those indicated in this specification is not implied. Device reliability may be affected by exposure to absolute maximum rating conditions for extended periods of time. Semiconductor devices are ESD sensitive and may be damaged by exposure to ESD events. Suitable ESD precautions should be taken when handling and transporting these devices
Symbol VIN VCTRLH VCTRLDC VCTRLL fSW ISW TJ Parameter Operating Input Voltage relative to GND Voltage High for PWM dimming relative to GND Voltage range for 100% DC dimming relative to GND Voltage Low for PWM dimming relative to GND Maximum switching frequency Continuous switch current Junction Temperature Range -40 Min Max Unit MHz A �CHIGH EFFICIENCY LOW EMI 30V 1A BUCK LED DRIVER Electrical Characteristics
VIN =12V, TA=25oC, unless otherwise specified. Symbol Parameter VINSU VINSH IQ IS VTH Internal regulator start up threshold VIN rising Internal regulator hysteresis threshold Quiescent current Input supply Current Set current Threshold Voltage Set threshold hysteresis SET pin input current CTRL pin input resistance Internal Reference Voltage On Resistance of SW MOSFET SW rise time SW fall time Thermal Resistance Junction-toAmbient (Note 3) Thermal Resistance Junction-toLead (Note 5) ISW = 1A VSENSE = 100�20mV fSW = 250kHz VSW = 15pF VIN =30V SOT25 (Note 4) MSOP-8EP (Note 4) SOT25 (Note VSET = VIN-0.1 Referred to internal reference VIN falling Output not switching (Note 2) CTRL pin floating = 250kHz
2. AL8807 does not have a low power standby mode but current consumption is reduced when output switch is inhibited: VSENSE = 0V. Parameter is tested with VCTRL 2.5V 3. Refer to figure 32 for the device derating curve. 4. Test condition for SOT25: Device mounted on FR-4 PCB 25mm 1oz copper, minimum recommended pad layout on top layer and thermal vias to bottom layer ground plane. For better thermal performance, larger copper pad for heat-sink is needed. 5. Dominant conduction path via Gnd pin (pin 2). 6. Dominant conduction path via exposed pad.
|Manufacturer||DIODES||RoHs Status||Lead free / RoHS Compliant|
|Packing||Tape & Reel (TR)/Cut Tape (CT)/Tray/Tube||Package/Case||MSOP8|
AL8807 Related Products
Ratings and Reviews (1)
- 5 / 5
- 5 Stars 100%
- 4 Stars 0%
- 3 Stars 0%
- 2 Stars 0%
- 1 Stars 0%
schnell und günstig. Danke
Estimated Delivery Time: Dec 06 - Dec 11 days (choose Expedited at checkout).
Shipping & Payment
|Shipping Type||Ship Fee||Lead Time|
$20.00-$40.00 (0.50 KG)
$20.00-$40.00 (0.50 KG)
$20.00-$45.00 (0.50 KG)
$25.00-$65.00 (0.50 KG)
$25.00-$45.00 (0.50 KG)
|REGISTERED AIR MAIL||
$2.00-$3.00 (0.10 KG)
Processing Time：Shipping fee depend on different zone and country.
|Terms of payment||Hand Fee||Payment Site|
charge US$30.00 banking fee.
charge 4.0% service fee.
charge 3.5% service fee.
charge US$0.00 banking fee.
charge US$0.00 banking fee.
We provide high quality products, thoughtful service and after sale guarantee
We have rich products, can meet your various needs.
Minimum order quantity starts from 1pcs.
Lowest international shipping fee starts from US$2.00.
90 days quality guarantee for all products.
Step6:bar-code shipping tag
All the products will packing in anti-staticbag. Ship with ESD antistatic protection.
Outside ESD packing’s lable will use ourcompany’s information: Part Mumber, Brand and Quantity.
We will inspect all the goods before shipment,ensure all the products at good condition and ensure the parts are new originalmatch datasheet.
After all the goods are ensure no problems afterpacking, we will packing safely and send by global express. It exhibitsexcellent puncture and tear resistance along with good seal integrity.
1.We provide 90 days warranty.
2.If some of the items you received aren't of perfect quality, we would resiponsibly arrange your refund or replacement. But the items must remain their orginal condition.
- Q: What are the advantages of buying from Jotrin?
Jotrin is your second procurement department of the electronic components. The platform has supported by over 1000 original factories and authorized agents,
over 10 years of experience in the electronic components area.
Jotrin is aiming to help these manufacturers, EMS, PCBA clients offer a whole BOM solution with the assistant of their professional BOM team and Intelligent BOM software.
We can help you:
1. Do the cost down for your current regular orders.
2. Decrease your suppliers' management costs and suppliers' qty.
3. Improve your efficiency, we can offer the whole BOM one-stop supply chain service.
- Q: How can Jotrin guarantee to be the original manufacturers or the agents?
- We have a professional business development department to strictly examine and verify the qualifications of the original manufacturers and the agents. All the suppliers must pass the qualification examination before putting their materials on the shelves; We pay more attention to the channel and quality of products than any other customers, we are strict with supplier audit, you can rest assured that choice.
- Q: What are the business hours of Jotrin?
Although we accept quotation requests and orders anytime 24 hours a day regardless of business days and hours, we provide quotations and process orders during business time.
Business Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 9:00pm (GMT+8)
- Q: Is the inventory and price seen on the platform accurate?
- Inventory fluidity big, unable to update in time, it will be updated periodically within 24 hours. After placing the order, it is suggested to confirm the order with the supplier or the online customer service of Jotrin before paying.
- Q: Can I place an order offline?
Yes. We accept offline orders.
You can contact our customer service representatives to help you customize your requirements.
If you'd like to submit your purchase orders via email, please send us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. One of our customer service representatives will help you.
- Q: What forms of payment can I use in Jotrin?
- TT Bank, Western Union, Paypal, and Escrow is all acceptable.
- Q: How is the shipping arranged?
- Customers can choose industry-leading freight companies, including DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT, and Registered Mail. No shipment handling charges be included.
- Q: How can I track my package?
- Once your order has been processed for shipment, our sales will send you an e-mail advising you of the shipping status of your order and its tracking number, if applicable. When the tracking numbers are present, you can click on the link and it will take you directly to the carriers' website so that you can track your order. Note: It may take up to 24 hours before carriers will display tracking information.
- Q: When can I receive my package？
- In normal conditions, Express delivery needs 3-5 days, Registered Mail needs 25-60 days.
- Q: What is the process for returns or replacement?
All goods will implement Pre-Shipment Inspection (PSI), selected at random from all batches of your order to do a systematic inspection before arranging the shipment. If there is something wrong with the product we delivered, we will accept the replacement or return of the product only when all of the below conditions are fulfilled:
(1)There are any problems with the product we delivered, such as a deficiency in quantity, delivery of wrong items, and apparent external defects (breakage and rust, etc.), and we acknowledge such problems.
(2)We are informed of the defect described above within 90 days after the delivery of the product.
(3)The product is unused and only in the original unpacked packaging.
Two processes to return the products:
(1)Inform us within 90 days
(2)Obtain Requesting Return Authorizations
More details about return electronic components please see our Return & Change Policy
- Q: How to contact us and get support?
- Need any After-Sales service, please feel free contact us: email@example.com
- 1.ESD Protection Diodes support USB 3.0/3.1 and HDMI interfaces.
- 2.50 Watt Zener diodes provide voltage regulation protection
- 3.ESD protection diodes designed for automotive use
- 4.Limiter diodes provide fast turn-on time, low-loss, and low capacitance
- 5.Laser diodes offer optical output power up to 700mW
- 6.TVS Diodes suitable for aerospace applications
LTC2369-18 LTC2369-18 - 18-Bit, 1.6Msps, Pseudo- Differential Unipolar SAR ADC with 96.5dB SNR
ISL9111 Low Input Voltage, High Efficiency Synchronous Boost Converter With 1A Switch
ISL8024 3A/4A Low Quiescent Current High Efficiency Synchronous Buck Regulator
XRP6272 2A 5V-Adjustable Low Dropout Voltage Regulator
MAX8969 Step-Up Converter For Handheld Applications
MAX34565 12V Hot-Plug Switch In TDFN Package