- Full Name : Toshiba Semiconductor Manufacturer
- Site : www.toshiba.com/tai/
Toshiba (TOSHIBA) is the largest semiconductor manufacturer in Japan and is also the second-largest integrated motor manufacturer under the umbrella of Mitsui Group.
Toshiba was formerly known as Tokyo Shiba Electric Co., Ltd., which was formed in 1939 by the merger of Shibaura Manufacturing Co., Ltd. and Tokyo Electric Co., Ltd.Since its creation in 1875, it has gone through a long course of 140 years.
In terms of civilian use, Toshiba has changed from a company that focuses on household appliances and heavy-duty motors to a comprehensive electronics and electronics company that includes communications and electronics. Into the 1990s, Toshiba has made rapid development in digital technology, mobile communication technology and network technology. Toshiba has successfully transformed itself from a giant in the home appliance industry to a pioneer in the IT industry.
On the military side: Toshiba is still responsible for producing various kinds of tanks, machine guns, and missile cannons for Japan since World War II.
In 2000, sales of Toshiba Semiconductor ranked second in the world after Intel. The market share of notebook computers is the highest in the world for seven consecutive years. By the end of 2000, the IT output value had reached 74% of Toshiba's total output value.Toshiba was formed by the merger of two Japanese companies in 1939.
The first of the two companies was Tanaka Manufacturing Co., Ltd., which was Japan's first home appliance newspaper manufacturing company. It was founded by Tanaka in 1875. In 1904, the company was renamed Shibaura Manufacturing Co., Ltd. In the early 20th century, the company mainly supplied heavy-duty electromechanical manufacturing in Japan; after the Meiji Restoration, the company became one of the largest industrial companies in the world.
Toshiba’s rapid expansion through the acquisition of other companies led Toshiba to purchase many heavy machinery manufacturers and industry-related companies in the 40s and 50s. However, after the 1970s, Toshiba began to set up subsidiaries to separate the acquired company from the core industry. These subsidiaries include: Toshiba EMI (1960), Toshiba Electronics (1974), Toshiba Chemical (1974), Toshiba Lighting Technology (1989)
In December 2004, Toshiba announced that it would stop producing traditional video tube TVs. In 2006 Toshiba ended the production of plasma TVs. Orion, as Toshiba’s largest foundry, took over the technical specifications of Toshiba’s video-tube TV and plasma TV and sold it to its own brand (Orion). Toshiba has invested considerable funds in SED imaging technology in order to strengthen its competitiveness in digital thin TVs in the future.
Toshiba is an important member of the chip makers in the world. In the 80s Toshiba and NEC were the world's two largest semiconductor manufacturers. Toshiba has been the top 5 chip factory in the world since the 1990s. Toshiba ranked third in 2008, second only to Intel and Samsung, but ranked ahead of Texas Instruments and ST.
Latest news about Toshiba
Toshiba is product portfolio consists of Memory, optoelectronic devices, sensors, microcontrollers, diodes, power management ICs, ASSPs, automotive components, wireless communication ICs, high frequency devices, logic ICs, etc..
Consumer Electronics / Lighting Electronics / Medical Electronics / Portable Devices / Communications / Network / Security / Monitoring / Industrial / Automation
Related Technologies More
- Toshiba Electronics unveiled PCIM Asia 2018 to provide customers with comprehensive system-level solutions 2020-08-19
- 20V MOSFETs are housed in SOT-23F packages 2020-01-17
- Schottky Barrier Diodes are suitable for voltage boosting circuits for LCDs. 2020-01-17
- TCR13AGADJ Low Dropout Regulator features under-voltage-lockout function. 2020-01-17
- N-Channel Power MOSFETs provide low switching noise. 2020-01-17
- N-channel MOSFETs for electric power switching applications. 2020-01-17
- Load Switch ICs are designed for USB Type-C devices. 2020-01-14
- Transistor Output Photocouplers cut device power consumption. 2020-01-13
- HDMI to MIPI CSI-2 Bridge Chipset supports 4K video resolution. 2020-01-10
- Smart Gate Driver Photocoupler offers embedded protection. 2020-01-09
- Single-Output 300 mA CMOS-LDO Regulator ICs suit mobile devices. 2020-01-08
- Load Switch ICs feature ultra-low ON resistance. 2020-01-08
- GaN-on-Si Based White LEDs come in compact 3535 lens type package 2020-01-07
- microSD memory cards are said to be world’s fastest 2019-12-20
- Toshiba Memory Corporation introduced new Embedded Flash Memory Products for Automotive Applications. 2019-12-20
Size: 255 Kb Published Time: 2020-02-22
The load-switch circuit normally comprises of discrete MOSFETs, however as the load-switch IC can replace the multiple devices needed in discrete circuits, it saves space, and yet provides a...
Bipolar Power Transistors
Size: 928 Kb Published Time: 2020-02-22
Bipolar Power Traisto for Switching Power Supplies Using a crystal mesh pattern, Toshiba has reduced the storage time (tstg) and fall time (tf) of 400-V and 800-V po...
Size: 1144 Kb Published Time: 2020-02-22
Microcontrolle with an ARM core are becoming increasingly popular not only for cell phone applicatio but also for general-purpose applicatio. Toshiba...
Small and Medium Diodes
Size: 1943 Kb Published Time: 2020-02-22
Recently, many products ranging from compute and home appliances to automobiles and industrial equipment have been driving the need for effective solutio to reduce size and weight. Semic...
Toshiba Related Products
Optocoupler DC-IN 1- >
Logic Testers / Memo >
IC FLASH 128GBIT 169 >
NPN TRIPLE DIFFUSED >
P CHANNEL MOS TYPE ( >
High Speed,High Curr >
Trans MOSFET N-CH 1K >
LOW FREQUENCY POWER >
High Speed,High Curr >
N CHANNEL MOS TYPE ( >
N CHANNEL MOS TYPE ( >
TRANSISTOR JFET N- >
Inverter, 74HC04, 1 >
Silicon PNP Epitaxia >
AC Film Capacitors L >