- 1. Renesas Electronics unveiled RX66T Series Microcontrollers
- 2.Renesas launches 100V,4A Half-Bridge N-MOSFET Driver-ISL784x4
- 3.Renesas Electronics Corporation's RX family of 32-bit microcontrollers
- 4.Renesas Announces World’s First Sub-Gigahertz Band Wireless Solutions
- 5.Renesas Electronics Extends Battery Life for Tablets and Notebook PCs with High-Precision Battery Fuel Gauge IC
- 6.Renesas Electronics Reports Financial Results for the First Quarter Ended June 30, 2015
Renesas Technology Corp [ Renesas ]
Renesas Electronics Corporation (ルネサス エレクトロニクス株式会社 Runesasu Erekutoronikusu Kabushiki Gaisha?) TYO: 6723 is a Japanese semiconductor manufacturer headquartered in Tokyo. It has manufacturing, design and sales operations in around 20 countries.
Renesas is one of the world's largest manufacturers of semiconductor systems for mobile phones and automotive applications. It is the world's largest manufacturer of microcontrollers and the second largest manufacturer of application processors.
Renesas is also known for LCD drivers, RF ICs, mixed-signal integrated circuits and system-on-a-chip semiconductors.It was the world's largest auto semiconductor maker in 2014, and the world's largest maker of microcontrollers. It also makes mixed-signal integrated circuits and system on a chip semiconductors.
In September 2016, Renesas announced that it would acquire Intersil Corporation for $3.2 billion.Renesas presented its Mid-Term Growth Strategy in November, 2016.
In February 2017, Renesas completed the acquisition of Intersil Corporation.In April 2017, Renesas unveiled in a self-driving demo car at a global developer conference that it will start delivering a new line of products for self-driving cars in December 2017 as it takes on global giants such as Intel Corp. The new technology acts as an onboard nerve center, coordinating and controlling vehicle functions.
Renesas Electronics' products include:
Microcontrollers/microprocessors (e.g. RL78, 78K(0), R8C, RX, V850, SuperH, M16C, M32C, R32C, H8, RH850 etc.)
Discrete devices (diodes, Power MOSFETs, thyristors and triacs, transistors)
Memory ICs (Flash, SRAM)
System on a chip R-Car