- 1.Microchip Introduces New Dual-Core and Single-Core ds PIC Digital Signal Controllers
- 2.Microchip Technology Introduces Tiny, Low-Power MEMS Clock Generator-DSC613
- 3.Microchip Technology released the ATtiny3317 and ATtiny3316 to join the tinyAVR family of MCUs
- 4.The Latest Microchip’s Products_PL360B And The Development Tools_ ATPL360
- 5.Microcontrollers incorporate Core Independent Peripherals.
- 6.Evaluation Kits help create low-power WANs.
- 7.Cryptography-Enabled 32-bit MCU adds security to IoT devices.
- 8.Automotive-Grade NOR Flash combine performance, low power draw.
- 9.Power Monitoring IC monitors multiple loads in real-time.
- 10.Microchip’s LoRa Wireless Module is World’s First to Pass LoRa Alliance Certification; Ensures Interoperation of Long-Range, Low-Power IoT Networks
- 11.DACs with Integrated EEPROM retain settings without power.
- 12.Microchip Ranked in Top 10 for Conflict Minerals Compliance and Best Practices, Out of 1,267 Publicly Traded Companies
- 13.Microchip Releases Next-Generation Bluetooth Low Energy Solutions
- 14.Touch Sensing Controllers foster mechanical button replacement.
- 15.MOST INICs foster integration of in-vehicle CI+-based pay TV.
Microchip Technology, Inc. [ Microchip ]
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading manufacturer of microcontroller and analog products, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost, and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality.Microchip Technology was founded in 1987 when General Instrument spun off its microelectronics division as a wholly owned subsidiary. Microchip Technology became an independent company in 1989 when it was acquired by a group of venture capitalists, and went public in 1993.
In April 2009, Microchip Technology announced the nanoWatt XLP Microcontrollers, claiming the world's lowest sleep current. Microchip Technology had sold more than 6 billion microcontrollers as of 2009.
In April 2010, Microchip acquired Silicon Storage Technology (SST), and sold several SST flash memory assets to Greenliant Systems in May that year.
As of 2011, Microchip Technology ships over a billion processors every year. In September 2011, Microchip Technology shipped the 10 billionth PIC microcontroller.
In August 2012, Microchip acquired Standard Microsystems Corporation (SMSC). Among SMSC's assets were those it had previously acquired from Symwave, a start-up that specialized in USB 3.0 chips, and two hi-fi wireless audio companies — Kleer Semiconductor and Wireless Audio IP BV.
In January 2016, Microchip agreed to buy Atmel for $3.56 billion. JPMorgan Chase advised Microchip while Qatalyst Partners advised Atmel.
In March 2018, Microchip acquired Microsemi Corporation (NASDAQ: MSCC). The acquisition price represents a total equity value of about $8.35 billion, and a total enterprise value of about $10.15 billion, after accounting for Microsemi’s cash and investments, net of debt, on its balance sheet at December 31, 2017.
Jotrin Electronics Limited. is the one-stop-shop for all board-level electronic components, raw materials and tool requirements.Microchip stock a wide variety of electronic components, including hard-to-find, obsolete and allocated parts, and a great selection of Microchip Technology components. Can't find what you're looking for? If you ever have any questions, concerns or requests, please contact us.
Related Products More >>