- 1.NFC Controller features active load modulation.
- 2.Marvell Delivers Low Power 28nm Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE Combo for Wearables, IoT and Smart Home Applications
- 3.Wi-Fi Microcontroller Kit helps design IoT devices.
- 4.Storage/Networking SoCs facilitate system development.
- 5.Marvell's ARMADA PXA1928 and PXA1908 Mobile Multi-mode 4G LTE Soutions Complete AT&T ADAPT chipset Validation.
- 6.Quad Core 64-bit SoC serves enterprise printer/MFP/3D markets.
- 7.LTE Modem Chipset supports carrier aggregation.
- 8.Mobile SoCs optimize LTE broadcast capabilities.
- 9.Reference Platform integrates dual concurrent 802.11 radios.
- 10.Printer SoC drives 3D printing into mainstream applications.
- 11.The world’s smallest automotive 4G LTE communication module
- 12.System-on-chip designed for high-performance smartphones and tablets
- 13.SSD Controller features Flash-optimized architecture.
- 14.Wireless MCU Platforms foster IoT application development.
- 15.Digital LED Controller ICs foster adoption of smart lighting.
Marvell Semiconductor, Inc. [ Marvell ]
Marvell’s expertise in microprocessor architecture and digital signal processing, drives multiple platforms including high volume storage solutions, mobile and wireless, networking, consumer and green products. World class engineering and mixed-signal design expertise helps Marvell deliver critical building blocks to its customers, giving them the competitive edge to succeed in today’s dynamic market.
Marvell first revolutionized the digital storage industry by moving information at speeds never thought possible. Today, that same breakthrough innovation remains at the heart of the company’s storage, network infrastructure, and wireless connectivity solutions. With leading intellectual property and deep system-level knowledge, Marvell's semiconductor solutions continue to transform the enterprise, cloud, automotive, industrial, and consumer markets.
Marvell Technology Group, Ltd.NASDAQ: MRVL
Russell 1000 Component
Founded 1995; 23 years ago
Founder Sehat Sutardja, Weili Dai, and Pantas Sutardja
Santa Clara, California, US (operational)
Hamilton, Bermuda (legal domicile)
Richard S. Hill, (Chairman)
Matthew Murphy (President and CEO)
Jean X. Hu (CFO)
Products Integrated circuits
Revenue DecreaseUS$2.725 billion (2016)
Net income：DecreaseUS$-811 million (2016)
Total assets DecreaseUS$5.44 billion (2016)
Total equity DecreaseUS$4.14 billion (2016)
Number of employees：5300+ (2016)
Marvell's development center in Petah Tikva, IsraelMarvell Technology Group, Limited, is a producer of storage, processing, networking, security and connectivity solutions. The company was founded in 1995 and has over 3,700 employees.Marvell's U.S. operating headquarters is located in Santa Clara, California, and the company operates design centers in places including Europe, Israel, India, Singapore and China.Marvell is a "fabless" manufacturer of semiconductors (meaning that it is active entirely in core competencies of engineering and design, with the actual manufacturing outsourced to contract manufacturers in lower-cost emerging markets) that ships more than one billion integrated circuits (known as "chips") per year.Its market segments include data center, enterprise / campus, cloud, automotive, industrial and home / consumer.
Marvell was founded in 1995 by Sehat Sutardja, his wife Weili Dai, and brother Pantas Sutardja.[ The initial public offering on June 27, 2000 (near the end of the dot-com bubble) raised $90 million, with the stock listed on NASDAQ with the symbol MRVL. After quickly raising from $19 to over $63 per share, three days later it was $55.25. At the time, the five largest customers, Samsung Electronics, Hitachi, Seagate Technology, Fujitsu and Toshiba, accounted for 97% of sales. The shares dropped sharply in December when insiders were allowed to sell.
In July 2018, Marvell completed its acquisition of Cavium, Inc., strengthening its storage, processing, networking, wireless connectivity and security product portfolios for the infrastructure market. On the same day, Marvell announced the appointment of Syed Ali (co-founder of Cavium, Inc., and previously the company's president and CEO), Brad Buss (director of Cavium, Inc.) and Dr. Edward Frank (director of Cavium, Inc.) to the Marvell Board of Directors.
In the summer of 2018, Marvell became the first silicon vendor in North America to open a CISPR 25 qualified automotive electromagnetic compatibility lab with the in-house capability to perform a wide range of emission, immunity and ESD tests to further drive the development of industry-leading automotive connectivity solutions.
The company is officially headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda. The US operations known as Marvell Semiconductor, Incorporated, are located in Silicon Valley, California.
Related Products More >>