Maxim MAX77640/MAX77641 Ultra Low Power PMIC Solution
Maxim's MAX77640/MAX77641 are ultra-low-power PMICs with 3-output SIMO, 150mA LDO and power-up sequencer, integrated 3-output single-inductor multi-output (SIMO) buck-boost regulator, 150mA LDO and three Circuit current sink driver, working voltage 2.7V-5.5V, output voltage 0.8V -5.25V.
Based on the features of the Maxim MAX77640/MAX77641, we can develop an ultra-low power PMIC solution.The purpose of this article is to introduce you to the main advantages and features of the MAX77640/MAX77641. By grasping the product, it will be beneficial for us to develop a complete solution.
The overview of MAX77640/MAX77641The MAX77640/MAX77641 are a low-IQ power solutionfor applications where size and efficiency are critical. Thedevice integrates a 3-output single-inductor multiple-output (SIMO) buck-boost regulator, a 150mA LDO, and a3-channel current-sink driver.The SIMO operates on an input between 2.7V and 5.5V.
The outputs are independently programmable between0.8V and 5.25V depending on ordering option. Each outputis a buck-boost with glitchless transition between buckand boost operation. The SIMO can support >300mAloads (1.8VOUT, 3.7VIN).
The 150mA LDO provides ripple rejection for noise-sensitiveapplications. The current sinks can be programmedto blink LEDs in custom patterns. The device integratesa power sequencer to control power-up/down order ofeach output. Default output voltages and sequence orderare factory-programmable. An I2C serial interface furtherconfigures the device.
The MAX77640/MAX77641 are available in a 30-bumpwafer-level package (WLP). Total solution size is 16mm2.For a similar product with a battery charger, refer to the MAX77650.
Key Benefits and Features of the MAX77640/MAX77641:● Compact, High-Efficiency Power Solution
• 3-Output Single-Inductor Multiple-Output (SIMO)Buck-Boost Regulator
• 150mA LDO
• 3-Channel Current-Sink Driver
• Flexible Power Sequencing
• GPIO and Reset Output
● 3-Output SIMO Extends Battery Life
• 2.7V to 5.5V Input Voltage Range from Single CellLi-Ion
• 0.8V to 5.25V Output Voltage Range
• Supports >300mA loads (1.8VOUT, 3.7VIN)
• Improves Overall System Efficiency while ReducingSize
• Maintains Regulation without Dropout unlikeTraditional Bucks
• Glitchless Buck-Boost Operation
● Low Quiescent Current
• 300nA Shutdown Current
• 5.6μA Operating Current (3 SIMO Channels andLDO On)
● Small Size
• 2.75mm x 2.15mm (0.7mm max heigh) WLP
• 30-Bump, 0.4mm Pitch, 6 x 5 Array
• 16mm2 Total Solution Size
● Hearables: Bluetooth Headphones and Earbuds
● Wearables: Fitness, Health, and Activity Monitors
● Action Cameras, Wearable/Body Cameras
● Internet of Things (IoT) Gadgets
Related Technical Documents